• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

power input for a KLB-240 power amp

johnxb351

Sep 22, 2015
Hi All I have a KLB-240 POWER AMPLIFIER what size amps power supply will i need to run amplifier. Can i run radio and amplifier off the same power supply. thanks

KLB240's have a pair of 2sc2290's, usually draw 16-20a if its not been fiddled with,

I would want a supply capable of 25a continuous or higher for the amplifier & 30a or higher if you want to run rig from same psu.

Reactions: freecell and Tokin
I agree with Bob, 30 amps will work good.
A 50 amp would be a little overkill but in some cases a little overkill is ok.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned