• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

CHROME DONT GET U HOME.

I think my ft 101 EE will do everything these new radios do except of cause fit in the hole u cut out for your old president the hole that hole that will support your new president. I may be like one of those guys who were wearing elvis sideburns in 1980. Thay just couldn't get past the fact that Elvis was dead and their lives had gone by a bit to fast with nothing to show for it except a bunch of Elvis albums and a 1954 Philips tube record player. I warm up one of the oldies key it up and within 20 minutes find myself fielding question about why the audio on the radio I'm using at that moment is sounding like nothing else the person asking me has ever heard. The answer is always the same. Tubes! Tubes! Tubes! I think I may have turned into that guy. The guy with the sideburns. I can buy anyone of those new radios I want. Yet I've yet to hear one that wows me. Then i read articles about white nose. Nuvistas just don't collect that. Well I gotta go. Someones at the door. I think it's Elvis.

Talk about double standards. They have absolutely no problem at all selling illegal rigs and linears to anyone who walks through the door but they won't ship a radio to the USA because its not legal.

I am so outraged I almost feel like driving there, standing in the store and pointing to all the illegal 11m sidebanders they have, pointing to each one and going in my loudest voice "illegal to sell that, illegal to sell that, illegal to sell that."

...as far as I know, no one has ever been killed by someone walking into a picture theatre, mall or school armed with an illegal 27 meg radio.

Seems ironic when you can purchase this , legally??? .... http://thelibertydigest.com/2014/01/24/the-new-ammunition-that-has-gun-owners-drooling/

Somethings aren't right.

...as far as I know, no one has ever been killed by someone walking into a picture theatre, mall or school armed with an illegal 27 meg radio.

Seems ironic when you can purchase this , legally??? .... The New Ammunition That Has Gun Owners Drooling | The Liberty Digest

Somethings aren't right.

Can't purchase that in my country thankfully. It kind of puts an end to the whole "self defence" argument a lot of gun owners use though. You don't need to put a 6" hole in someone to defend yourself.

I'm probably not the only one...

But, I'm watching this thread for avenues of purchase and technical details. It's hard to stay subscribed to this thread and others when you keep posting incessantly irrelevant off topic blyat.

Come on man...

I post an occasional off topic funny, but I don't saturate a thread either.

Just saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
any word on a clarifier mod,, that's the deal breaker for me,, if someone is off freq local or dx I wana be able to tune to them!

It's a shame the EU manufacturers don't market CB radios in the US with US specs. There are some really nice rigs out there with remote heads and other nice features only found in US marketed amateur radio gear. Even worse no one makes a nice mono band 10 meter rig. Not talking about export CB's but a current manufacture 10 meter radio. Bums me out.

President Lincoln 2 11 10m Ham Radio

No-one manufactures radios in EU that I know oF, all are importers like President and CRT France and Stabo Germany and a few others. Radios are usually made by Uniden for President/Stabo and Rci for Crt although that may be changing.

All are made in far east, Thailand,Hong Kong,Malaysia,China,Korea,Vietnam and previously in Taiwan,Philippines and Japan, wherever labour is cheap the manufacturers move production too.

As for a single monoband 10m radio, check out Alinco DR135DX, its a CRE 8900 clone, but I'm sure Alinco's warranty has more chance of being honorured than Cre,You'll probably find Alinco have less problems bringing them into the states than known export manufacturers too, The FCC appear blind where Alinco,Yaesu,Kenwood and Icom are concerned,

I guess it won't be long if Alinco have success with it that Kenwood,Icom and Yaesu will look at mono or dual 10/12m band radios, a lot of people delude themselves the big 4 make everything themselves, but the reality is they often sub contract stuff out to companies like Nissei and no doubt others, half the parts in some of them are from rival companies or the same parts from independent manufacturers used, lost count of how many motorola,JRC etc parts I've seen in different companies radios.

Radios are basically built from the crap that's left over from TV/PC/HIFI/Cable,Sat Tv markets or Mobile phone markets, Radio is far too small a business to be dictating to companies what they want made, so they design around what's available at any given time. Half the audio ic's in radios were designed with a partner for stereo use in car radios,or other low power stereo applications, if they can cheapskate it with an off the shelf borderline part that cost 50$ a 1000 or a made to measure part that costs $200 a 1000 its not rocket science to work out what they are going to do, no point manufacturing with near slave labour if your going to squander profit on exclusive parts.

No I don't because I know the legal requirements for selling electrical and electronic gear no matter what it is.

First thing is meeting CE certification. Second is meeting the regulatory requirements for that equipment, both in additional certification, performance and statutory labelling. So for 11m equipment such as Ham International Multimode II or a NATO 2000 etc it is illegal for them to sell those as they are neither CE marked or certified with the legally required 27/81 markings required for 11m gear at the time they were sold new.

All of those regulations apply regardless of whether you're selling to a CBer or a licensed amateur. The only exceptions are kits, that is why all these freebanding radios such as Anytone 5555s are advertised and sold as amateur radio gear. If they truly weren't doing anything dodgy then why do they take great care to make sure they're advertised as amateur radio sets?

You don't half talk a power of shite, no radio is illegal to import or sell in the UK,never has been,never will be, the crime has and always will be unless an act of Parliament changes the wireless Telegraphy act is transmitting on unauthorised frequencies without a license, if what you were saying was true every shortwave receiver or scanner would be illegal, same applies to linears, which are legal for some people to use on 10m, legal for anyone to own, but illegal for a cb'er to use.

You should go into Knights and complain, hopefully youtube will have a cctv vid of bellend in Knights making complete arse of himself and probably getting lifted for breach too,

Before legalisation it still wasn't a crime to sell export cb's,as long as you paid import duty on them, again the crime was using them or vat/import duty evasion.

Nato 2000's you would know if you even knew what a cb was in the 80's were perfectly legally imported into the isle of man, as were stalker 9's and ss 360 fm's and sold as 40 ch ukfm radios, it was a grey area of law exploited as I believe you didn't have to pay import duty from isle of man, telecoms in Portsmouth were selling all of them including the whole ham international range legally in 83, I still have the pricelist somewhere.

I've been done under the wireless telegraphy act in 83 for using a cobra 148 gtl dx and ham la120 amp, the charge was illegal transmitting on unauthorised frequencies with equipment that wasn't type approved or vat/import duty paid, have you any experience of what you are talking about or just spouting your usual verbal pish?

At no point was I charged with possession,why would that be? I could have just as easily been on a ft7b or ts430 doing exactly the same thing as it wasn't exactly difficult to open them up either, you didn't need a licence to buy one, you paid vat, they were legally imported,so you were only charged with transmitting on non type approved equipment on non approved frequencies, not possession.

The only way you would get charged with possession was if an exorcism failed.

NUGGET !!!

Reactions: 1 person
Can't purchase that in my country thankfully. It kind of puts an end to the whole "self defence" argument a lot of gun owners use though. You don't need to put a 6" hole in someone to defend yourself.

More Bull?

You can buy just about any firearm you want in the uk,especially the big cities, If you had the money would take about 30 mins to buy a mac 10 on streets of Glasgow,Toxteth in Liverpool and Moss Side in Manchester to name but a few, how do you think the IRA,INLA,UDA,UVF etc get them? Most travel through Glasgow on their way to Belfast and the best uns are siphoned off or drug wars in my city, there's been 12 year olds running about wae uzi's and allsorts eh shit here.Its harder to find a good Cobra 148 GTL DX than a Mac 10 in Glasgow, London,Manchester,Newcastle,Liverpool and Leeds amongst others are no different.

Because something can't be bought legally, don't mean it can't be bought.

Have you've had a chance yet to check up on the radio's state of tune/modulation?
I think we in the states are used to buying radios that need to be tweaked in order to operate at peak effeciently.

TBH, I think you guys in the states are used to buying radios tweaked way beyond peak efficiency, Most Presidents out of the box are set up perfectly and bang on frequency too. Most of your techs are butchers or clueless in Seattle apart from one or two concientious ones.

What amazes me is you guys crank the modulation up to 150 - 200% then scream down the microphone into a highly overdriven splatter box amp, then wonder how no-one answers you except others with a similar mentality.

Reactions: 2 people
I take it your ban has ended? Nice to see you're straight back in there with the abuse.

As for legal to sell any radio in the UK, sorry but you're wrong. Anything not bearing the CE mark is illegal to sell.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.