• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

Okay,what are some good UK shops?
Knights Electrocom

Knights is just 40 miles from me and a shop I use regularly. I believe Oggy here, M0OGY, may as well as its basically 10 miles from him. It is an "old style" CB shop that has been on the go for decades and has an excellent reputation. They sell a lot of stuff on Ebay as well.

If they won't sell direct you could always try to find someone local to buy and ship to you.(y)

Reactions: 1 person
Knights is just 40 miles from me and a shop I use regularly. I believe Oggy here, M0OGY, may as well as its basically 10 miles from him. It is an "old style" CB shop that has been on the go for decades and has an excellent reputation. They sell a lot of stuff on Ebay as well.

If they won't sell direct you could always try to find someone local to buy and ship to you.(y)

are you offering?? im sure there are a few of us on this site that would like one,, maybe get a few of us together and have them shipped together to the one of us in the states then that person could re-ship them once in the states?

Its a possibility. Would need information for customs from someone used to importing stuff into the USA so that it doesn't end up getting held by them.

Why not buy direct from them?

They seem to be selling out quickly though.

I doubt the stores are concerned about getting in trouble...more likely they just don't want the hassle of international shipping, custom issues, returns, etc. As someone who ran an online business I can tell you that the most annoying detail was dealing with customer shipments, returns, defects, etc.

You could always set up a fedex account and handle the shipping yourself, then you can put whatever you want in the customs details (ham radio equipment,etc). Tell the store to take it out of the box and unwrap everything, then you mark it as used and customs wouldn't have any idea what it is :)

I'm sure someone in the UK or Europe will ship these to the U.S. and someone over here will figure it all out. I'm sure when the Lincoln II comes out that people in the U.S. are going want one get one so hopefully someone gets it figured out by then.

Yeticom - http://www.yeticomnz.com/

Sadly I'm sure any dealer is in a tricky position on this request.
As for shipping I have a good Friend in the States who has found me a mint boxed Cobra Cam 88 and a Siltronix 1011D for my collection.
But the sad fact is neither our goverment or yours helps with transatlantic deals.
We get charged 20 VAT on all imported radio equipment from outside the EU:thumbdown:

My Siltronix was packaged in a double box and could of been dropped from a B52 bomber , but it had the fuse holder damaged and pushed the chassis back in, we claimed with your USPS and got f@rking no where in the end.
Cost over $110 dollars to ship and when it came to claim ,nothing.
Lucky I'm in the engineering trade and sorted it out in the end.

It sounds as if the FCC kick up a bigger fuss than over here, as we import some of your better 10 meter radios regularly,and not all are Amateur operators like I am.

I would love to help you guys, but I don't want to get in hot water with the customs or indeed anyone else for that matter.

It must be the first time ever you want a radio we have and not the other way around.
You could always have a holiday in the UK and fill up your hand luggage

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.