• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioactive Wack Pack Unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
no

no i do not.
i was just wondering how much you have changed.
seems you have. i thaught you where not like that.
but whatever i do not really care.
birds of a feather flock together.
:roll:

OK, time to take a chill pill.This was about work done to a radio.Toss all the personal stuff aside, We have be intelligent enough to discuss a subject like what was done to the radio in question without pissing on each others leg.

Jeff

Sorry ASW, I still wait for Mr RadioActive's explanation of what his wackpack entails.

Someone so proud of his work, would surely like to tell us how his mods/alignments are done.

I just thought it was funny to "squash" a radio. LOL

If you wanna do that a blunt insturment works fine :roll:

sorry

sometimes i get carried away.
i apoligise to all if i offended anyone
jon :LOL:

:p :p :p :p

Moleculo said:
Effective immediately these are the rules for the Sound Off section:

1. Topics about transactions are to be conducted between the purchaser and the seller ONLY. All other intervening posts or commentary will be deleted on sight. Either party has the right to post their opinion about the transaction within the thread, but all other parties will abstain

2. Third party opinion threads concerning opinions on businesses (for example, "What is your opinion on XYZ CB Shop?) will be allowed and may be contributed to by all. However, the sole purpose of such a thread should not be antagonistic in nature.

3. Topics that fall within Rule #2 may be locked by an admin if the nature of the posts get out of hand. This ruling is purely subject to the opinions of the administrators and may not be debated. Any posts concerning such decisions will be deleted on sight. If you have a comment about a thread being locked, you may feel free to PM any administrator.

:p :p :p :p

Re-read rule #2.....Dosent seem antagonistic to me. He was asked specific questions and cant give an honest answer to them. I would like for Dave and Freecell to post their tune-up procedures on say a cobra 29. That way maybe Radioactive wont feel as if he is giving away his "secrets" when he sees other techs posting their way of doing it.

Thread has been reinstated. Some individual posts may have been edited for content. Keep it on topic without the name calling.

Reactions: NZ8N
frmboybuck

Not a bad idea. I'll give my general procedures for a Galaxy 44.

Change R165 to 1Meg
Change R249 to 15K
Change C133 to 4.7uf

Optional: Add .047uf cap across R187 to give sharper tone.

Max VR14, set VR13 and VR16 for 7 watts high key and whatever you want low key. Tune output circuit (L40, L42, L43, L33, L31, L52, L51 L39, L37, etc) for best PEP when modulated.
At 14.1 volts, I usually see around 38-42 watts PEP. Audio is VERY loud, with virtually no harmonic distortion.

Ok, I laid out a couple of my cards, lets see what the result is.

Last edited:
By the way, if its shown that I am wrong about that S9 being done by RA, and someone just used faked Radioactive stickers on it, I'll be the first to appologize in here, and I'll send an email to RA as well.

I started this topic because a number of forum browsers had asked if anyone knew anything about the Wackpack or Radioactive radios. I'm certainly not posting to give anyone false impressions about any person or business.

Also, as I stated in the original post, my OPINION was based on seeing just one radio.

*shakes my head*

i would never in my life let anyone near an 11m radio that is going to wack or pack anything.....

the term "wack pack" just sounds plain goofy to me an childish....

a local guy(J.B.) here in central OH has a "wack packed" 2995dx....

he voice is understandable....but his audio has absolutly no clarity at all...it makes his voice sound real course and kinda of scratchy,basically very over modulated....

he has a stock cobra 19dx that sounds much better clarity wise.....

he has no computer and doesn't even know this web forum exsists.....its too bad too.....cuz the money he paid for that radio,it should sound alot better then it does currently....

Reactions: NZ8N
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.