• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Solar Cycle 24 is dead to me ... how'd you do?

Cycle 24 - Your DX results

• Total voters
Good morning,well the cycle 24 is sure different from the 1990' s cycle as it was so much more active. As for me,it has been hit or miss on my Ranger 2950, talked to a gentleman 154 from central Alabama while driving to work this morning,but yeah hopefully cycle 25 will be better,only time will tell,off to work and 73' s and God bless radio friends!!!!!

managed to get about 25 seconds convo with pennsylvania from the mobile today. just long enough to tell each other how great we were, then it was gone.

Spoke to "Klondike Mike" today about 10:25 am. today from the mobile, on Optima, running at 225w....Good contact. Very odd skip of late.
It was a pleasure to make contact Mudduckmobile, among others up and down the west coast the last few days. Since my last post complaining of the end of DX (again!), this little spike comes along to renew my interest and provide a little cheer. Woo-Hoo!!

Reactions: 222DBFL
Yes sir. Been hearing DX myself even in the AM here aroubd central FL. And the floor noise is so low that my furthest locals that are 65 miles away were hitting me with S7 signals yesterday at about 4am. Talk about wild. I had my RF gain set way way back, and they came in like they were right down the road literally. Had to check my radio as I had the attenuation on as well, and was using my Noise Reduction to keep things really quiet as it was early. I couldn't believe my ears!! Then the up north east coast guys started coming in around 7-8am. Don't know how long that lasted, but I could hear guys taking back and forth between states up there. Like Maryland to New Jersey and Rhode Island and such. At least where I am the noise issue I was having with a neigbors something or another is gone and my floor noise is about non existent. Pretty nice for pulling in far off local stations. I heard guys that were well over 60 miles away, which I normally do, but they only give me at most an s1 signal normally. Yesterday was a different story. Mother Nature was doing her thing!!
Just thought I would share my text wall of babbling LOL!! Have good one and hope the DX keeps up for you gents up there.

Tuesday afternoon the DX was really booming between Houston and Dallas. It was very busy on 38 LSB and a bunch of the other channels 28,24 and on 26.915. I had a hard time getting out so I had to look around and finally found some quieter frequencies to make a few contacts. Yesterday I was in Kansas making some good contacts to Missouri,Ohio,Illinois and Michigan running barefoot but today it's been dead I've only made one or two contacts. But Tuesday afternoon the skip was rolling all afternoon up to at least 10:30 when I shut the radio off. Maybe there will be more days like that soon.

It seems like most the skip lately has been short to medium range. Earlier this year I getting a lot from the northeast in the mornings and from out west later in the day. It has been a while since I have heard either.

Same here codeman. It's been sporadic but the floor noise is just so low. Makes you wonder if there are conditions and just nobody talking because they beleive there are no conditions. Seen it happen a bunch. One guy keys up and just says hello radio and 10 people come back immediately LOL. But seriously, enjoy it as long as you can. Soon this is most likely all you'll have on 11m DX. Maybe the occasional opening to across the pond. But not like it was daily all day long a year ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.