• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The next time you want to ask who is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only played my vinyl’s three times. The first couple of times they were being broke in while being cleaned with an auxiliary brush attachment. The third and final play was recorded on a Teac reel-to- reel recorder for my continuous enjoyment. I have an affliction against hiss, clicks and pops. Nowadays I welcome the noise free digital age of audio, especially the non- compressed formats such as FLAC.
In that list of talented old school guitar artists, I must mention Mark Knopfler, my personal favorite. Knopfler paired with Clapton always chase my blues away.

I remember at one time there were guys messing around with using flatbed scanners to get images of a record into their computers, then they would use software to read the "grooves" and play the sound. I don't know what happened to that method in the long term though.

Skip ahead to 0.38 to get past the talk and start the music.

Reactions: 357magnum
Had a nice collection of 45 rpm's when I was young. And eventually LP's, including Meet the Beatles (a collector's item these days). Mostly had Dylan, the Byrds, Joan Baez, and the such. Folk-Rock I guess you could say.

Wish I still had 'em. :(

Wrong. I’ve played a few of their songs and that’s not entirely true. Be fair, a ton of rock songs use those same chords, a lot of them power chords and not even a full chord.

Be fair about it, my little Sith in training.
Sometimes they play a B, E, G, and F#, but that'll make the band name sound funny. Most of their songs are in E and all those notes fall within the E minor scale.

Is a power chord Major or Minor and why??? (No googling)

only one groove.

Captain liked your answer, but not mine (above).
Guess I should have answered in English. (n)

I saw your answer and know what uno means. I also misread who posted the question and thought Tallman was answering his own question. LOL I LIKED it and was set to reply when I got a phone call and never got back to it. LOL

Neither, a power chord is root /5th with no 3rd tone. A flat 3rd would be a minor chord while a major 3rd(whole tone) would be a major chord. That's why a power chord isn't a really a chord because it takes a 3rd to determine it's tonality.

TRPC is usually pretty quick to reply. You must've knocked him for a loop with your explanation. :ROFLMAO: And me as well. o_O

Haha, no I was eating and then I got in the shower. I do wash and sleep, occasionally.

I don’t know jack about music. Well, not that much and I can’t hold power chords very well. Certainly can’t hold barr chords.

TRPC is usually pretty quick to reply. You must've knocked him for a loop with your explanation. :ROFLMAO: And me as well. o_O
And that was my easy explanation,

I could have used tri-tones, enharmonics, diatonics, half diminished chords, phrygian and Locrian scale modes and a I, IV7, V7 chord progression,

But I'll spare you all!

Lots of great talented groups & individuals mentioned.
Joe Satriani ain't no slouch, surprised no one mentioned him

Along with Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn Tom Schotlz, Alice Cooper...

This thread evolved rapidly - gone for a day and 60 messages in this thread alone later...:ROFLMAO::LOL:(y)(y)

Rock On Dudes!

I was born in '83, and I cant stand most of the music mentioned thus far. I think Clapton and CCR are the only ones I actually like. I like my music to be interesting and have depth. Think Blood Sweat And Tears or Jethro Tull type where it is a hodge podge of different sounds that are put together and sounds amazing.

Anytime I want to demo audio gear, Locomotive Breath in FLAC is always my first track. CSNY, The Who, Bob Dylan and Canned Heat are some that I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.