• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
There maybe a list of illegal export radios on the FCC website many of them do the Roger Beep and ECHO, so it maybe safeto say, if a station has a Roger Beep and ECHO they are using one of these illegal radios. On top of all that, if they are using these radios on 10 Meters, it could be a non FCC type accepted radio and a 99.9% chance the Audio Limiter has been cut with a pair of wire cutters.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

absolutely WRONG! and you CLAIM to have been a qualified OO? :whistle:
did ya get that OO cert out of a cracker box or did ya actually study the OO material?

go ahead,provide a list of radios from the FCC website that LICENSED amateurs can not operate on 10 meters. there is NO such list.

I can attach a MIC with echo/beeps/ect to my SDR and/or any "cb" rig and I GUARANTEE you it does NOT make the RIG (as you mistakenly state) non-type accepted.

only EXTERNAL amplifiers need "fcc type acceptance" any more.

go read a new part 97 ,the term "type accepted" isn't even used concerning transmitters any more,.............. you rookie newbie

the more you flap your lips you remove all doubt of your stupidity.
do you still do this dumb rude stuff on 7.280 Mhz to?

Reactions: 3 people
10 Meter Radios vrs HF Rigs

Many of these Radios also have built-in Amplifiers.

Just to list a few.

Cobra200GTL -Built in amplifier, Echo, Roger Beep
Galaxy98 - Built in amplifier, Echo Roger Beep
MagnumS380 - Built in amplifier
Connex3300HP - Built in amplifier
Stryker490 - Built in amplifier
Saturn Base - Built in amplifier , Echo, Roger Beep
Saturn has just recently be changed from Galaxy to Connex.

I was told by a fellow 10-10 member and OO that the list was on the FCC Website. I believe him without even looking it up myself. If it is not on the website it should be! Amateurs should be encouraged to instead buy Icom7000, Kenwood480, Yeasu450, and Ten-Tec models. They cost a bit more but have ALL the HF bands, some even have 6 meters and 2 meters, 1.25 meters and 70cm. Sorry no Roger beeps and ECHO but like you say, they could add a microphone and go to 75 meters with ECHO and Roger Beep!!!That would be very interesting... hihi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Let me make this simple,

fork-02.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Not too stir this too much but, I think that the OO program is not only to advise against illegal activity but also to reduce bad operating practices.
Many of the check boxes on that OO card are not illegal but are bad operating practices. That said, I think that Todd was justified sending an OO card to the ham running echo and roger beep. Very few things are more annoying then echo on the air.

Not too stir this too much but, I think that the OO program is not only to advise against illegal activity but also to reduce bad operating practices.
Many of the check boxes on that OO card are not illegal but are bad operating practices. That said, I think that Todd was justified sending an OO card to the ham running echo and roger beep. Very few things are more annoying then echo on the air.

While you may find it annoying, Todd's performance is just that as well.
Very much like the pot calling the kettle black.

Reactions: 2 people
I here agree to disagree on that part of the disagreement which has you all agreed on a disagreement.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Would anyone provide me with a link to a discussion of what constitutes "poor" operating practice - aside from the equipment in question being operated in a technically deficient manner?

You can't. And until the FCC issues a finding on the matter, the issue of EOT tones and/or echo is destined to remain purely subjective and therefore unenforceable.

I have very limited use for the things myself...but the law is the law. And said devices aren't illegal at present, just as ESSB transmissions aren't.

RE: Audioshockwave's post 134, page 17.
Jeff, has done a great job in compiling this Todd characters post.
When view together, Todd show himself to be a self-centered person, and has a very high-self-opinion of himself.
He believes that the Hobby was created just for his enjoyment and pleasure only. And not for anybody else. He treats other operators as scum.
In the old days we called this type of person; "SUPERMIC"

Reactions: 5 people
RE: Audioshockwave's post 134, page 17.
Jeff, has done a great job in compiling this Todd characters post.
When view together, Todd show himself to be a self-centered person, and has a very high-self-opinion of himself.
He believes that the Hobby was created just for his enjoyment and pleasure only. And not for anybody else. He treats other operators as scum.
In the old days we called this type of person; "SUPERMIC"

Honestly the best thing to do is spin the big dial and let him be.
I know I have so little time to operate these days and will not waste my time listening to his or anyone's antics.

If he's a douche bag, he'll spring a leak and go away someday. :tongue:

The FCC technical requirements for the operation of any type of transmitting equipment on all Amateur frequencies is that the transmitter must meet current standards for spectrum purity.

Reactions: 2 people
Many of these Radios also have built-in Amplifiers.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

again you prove you can't comprehend,

exactly what part of "only EXTERNAL amplifiers need "fcc type acceptance" any more." did you not understand ,rookie

hint: look for the bolded font

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.