• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN 68XL SWINGING !!

Nightrider, I am sure you guys are building great radio's but there is one thing I found laughable. You dog out truck stop shops with their Dosey meters and then you turn right around and show a clip of a POS Rat Shack meter that you guys use........what the heck? Those Rat Shack meters s#ck big time man.

HEHEHE!Is that the only radio's you know how to tune up?Hell,i could get one of them to do that.Your ripping people off with them price's! :twisted:

Nightrider, I am sure you guys are building great radio's but there is one thing I found laughable. You dog out truck stop shops with their Dosey meters and then you turn right around and show a clip of a POS Rat Shack meter that you guys use........what the heck? Those Rat Shack meters s#ck big time man.

waz up butcher, actually my ratshack is darn close to a bird, besides what does 42 watts on my ratshack, may only do 35 on your bird, or 55 on on a dosy, way these radios are tuned they average 40 watts pep on 14.6 to 15 volts, on 13.8 volts they average 35 watts pep, now yes i dog truck stops for using dosy meters, i dog truck stops because for the exception of a few shops around the country all they are doing is ripping out limiters and adjusting there meters to show you what you want to see ......

mosfet final???

no mosfets, stock final

HEHEHE!Is that the only radio's you know how to tune up?Hell,i could get one of them to do that.Your ripping people off with them price's!

nope !! what you got there hillbilly ??? galaxy ?? ranger ?? suoerstar ?? stryker ?? if you can make a uniden or cobra swing do the numbers mine do hey all i got to say is good deal, as far as ripping people off ??? i say not my prices are competive with other shops out there .. but hey i got an idea lets see a radio that you tuned ?? shoot a 30 second clip of it on a meter rms than pep ?? matter of fact i'll even host it for you ?? what do you say ??

Ok, I might just have to get a newer version of that meter then. I have had one since 96 or 97 and the most it will show my Delta do is 12 watts of swing and the pep switch makes no difference at all. I have seen this radio do 34 watts peak on a Bird 43P. I'll have to try and pick up the latest version, take care Nightrider.

I come in peace here Nightrider , but you got some balls putting this out here on the forum for these guys to chew you up and spit you out , I will give you that much, and what you seem to believe on stock finals in a PC-68XL and your Radio Shack "give me some kind of idea" meter. Man !! It just ain't happening my cb friend.......it just ain't happening. I might get a light 30 pep out of one of those on there stock final and driver ,but even then , it would be basically bord out !! meaning clipped audio limiter ,coils spread from her to China ,slugs long gone out of coils and anti-spiking diode jumpered ......(Which I wouldn't do anyway) it's all total lose and filthy dirty to begin with. , Now , if we were talking Mosfet or 1969 finals , that would be a slightly different story ,and IM not talking about a Radio Shack meter here either , I've seen 35 to 40 watts pep clean signaled and audioed radios with those, but no way on what your talking about here , it's just not possible dude. Your fooling yourself here and those that know will never buy it. IM sure you can sell these to those that do not know Nightrider and that is your buisness , but IM telling you right now , it's just not going to fly around these parts buddy. Good Luck to you , and Happy Holidays to you and yours from me and mines. Peace......Switch Kit

I come in peace here Nightrider , but you got some balls putting this out here on the forum for these guys to chew you up and spit you out , I will give you that much, and what you seem to believe on stock finals in a PC-68XL and your Radio Shack "give me some kind of idea" meter. Man !! It just ain't happening my cb friend.......it just ain't happening. I might get a light 30 pep out of one of those on there stock final and driver ,but even then , it would be basically bord out !! meaning clipped audio limiter ,coils spread from her to China ,slugs long gone out of coils and anti-spiking diode jumpered ......(Which I wouldn't do anyway) it's all total lose and filthy dirty to begin with. , Now , if we were talking Mosfet or 1969 finals , that would be a slightly different story ,and IM not talking about a Radio Shack meter here either , I've seen 35 to 40 watts pep clean signaled and audioed radios with those, but no way on what your talking about here , it's just not possible dude. Your fooling yourself here and those that know will never buy it. IM sure you can sell these to those that do not know Nightrider and that is your buisness , but IM telling you right now , it's just not going to fly around these parts buddy. Good Luck to you , and Happy Holidays to you and yours from me and mines. Peace......Switch Kit

switch kit your post surprises me a little bit, i opened up the cobra 25 and pc 122xl i got from you, nice clean work if i do say so, its very possiable to get 40 watts pep out of a uniden moblie with out changing the final to a 1969 or a mosfet, i know guys that are getting 40 watts plus out of uniden 68's, 50 watts out of cobra 25's without mosfets and the radios are clean as hell it can be done .... anyhow happy holidays back at ya !!

yo butcher take care boss !!

Can't see where DTB is coming from on this either ? would have figured him to bust your chops as well here. Whatever already !! Show me those radios on a Bird and I might change my mind (I suppose the question of cleanliness has no merit here), Volted finals huh , since when is this a good thing anyway. As I said Nightrider , no offence man , you posted it and I commented on it. The radios you got from me were exactly as discribed. I think I might be going through the change of life lately ? Every time I turn around it's something else , Somebody says they want something and then they never get back with you , not once ,but twice . Single final radios doing 40 watts off Rat Shack meters , Mr tech dropping by to comment on 15 volts !! That's it for me Nightrider !! I can understand your comment on coming from me dude. I'll throw the towel in on this one and apologize to you for more then likely not bothering to post in the first place . I've been refraining myself lately from doing that on many threads of late , I've always been proud to say that I always thought this Froum was more so fair then others , but what I have been reading lately has made me feel that favoritism has also found it's place here as well.(Like a person can't do no wrong ?) I only know if it were me with so many problems that I more then likely would have been labeled a long time ago but yet the nonsence continues. REMARKABLE !! As I said before , Good Luck to you on the sale of your radios ,volted or not. Peace

You can't really volt the final on a PC68 since the final already sees the full supply voltage. I often see radios of that general type (25's, 29's, 68's, 78's) hit around 25-30 PEP on a regular tune-up off of 14.1 supply voltage (AMC NOT cut), so if he's using 15 volts as his power supply voltage it might just show 35 - 40.

Without seeing exactly what his procedures were, I can't really bust his chops, since I see 40 - 50 PEP from those same radios on a very regular basis, after doing a final swap procedure of course.

alright guys, you wanna see 40 watts pep out of a uniden 68xl on a bird ??? tell you what dtb i will send you one of my radios to test on 15 volts, bird 43p and post results im talking rms and pep numbers what do you say ???

Like I said before Nightrider , you got wayvo's buddy !! I personally wouldn't mind eatting a forced feeding of humble pie here, if at all possible ? Peace................ News at 11

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.