• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN 68XL SWINGING !!

ok its on !! dtb pm me your address, i'll get a radio done up, one in video is going to the northwest corner :D

Yes , the un-enlightened are STILL standing by ....waiting for the chips to fall .....Oh & BTW , I bought one of those meters years ago , mine would not read PEAK watts. I just figured it didn't read peak watts , makes me feel stoopid. But, it's an interesting post none the less. We have all enjoyed the friendly banter NOW , what are the results ????

Over 3 months now , You don't think anybody was holding there breath on this one DTB , Do you ? :) all the same , Nightrider is a nice guy and I surely hate to be the one to rain on anybodies parade. It's really not that much different from guys who have been using cap/resistor mods over the years , if you told them the truth ,chances are you might make them understand and why ? but the bottom line here is , guys that have been do'in what they have been do'in for years ,tend to be happy with what there do'in no matter what the truth may be. Peace

id laugh if nightrider all proved yall wrong.ive heard of them
doing some big numbers.just seems like thiers too many
techs out here on this fourm.and when a new comer comes along with a new idea hes wrong.well some cases this maybe so
but i wouldnt be surprised if nightrider pulls it off.with the right
tech that has the ability these numbers hes claiming may not be too far off. :shock:

hotrod said:
id laugh if nightrider all proved yall wrong.ive heard of them
doing some big numbers.just seems like thiers too many
techs out here on this fourm.and when a new comer comes along with a new idea hes wrong.well some cases this maybe so
but i wouldnt be surprised if nightrider pulls it off.with the right
tech that has the ability these numbers hes claiming may not be too far off. :shock:

I would like him to prove everyone wrong also...He had his oppurtunity and didn't take....what is the new idea your talking about? (showing magical watts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think work ethic is one thing with these tech's around here and I can appreicate that , some refuse to bend Einstiens theroy of relativity when it comes to this stuff , others don't mind it as much and might get the wrath from others for it. SO WHAT !! Like I said before ,guys who have been in this hobby for years are truly not so much into the technical aspects of it all , they just care about how there getting out and how they are heard , and it isn't so much the tech that decides this for them , it's more so other radio operators giving them radio checks along the way that tends to make up there minds for them. I've learned alot from these so called forum techs over the years , the good the bad and the ugly from them all ,(I tend to weigh out the pros and cons as I go along) and those that are not stuck up and basically have a good feel for people are very appreciated by me. IM not a tech nor do I have an education that tells me I am , IM a hobbiest with over 20 years of experiance like so many of you's on this Forum , as a hobbiest ,IM not against Swing Kits / NPC mods / wham wham's and zoo zoo's from others , I know good tech's that will do anything for you at cost , and yes there work ethic's are right around towards the best of them , NO they don't hack up radios and do shabby jobs ! They are willing to do what the customer wants weather or not it is OK with somebody else's work ethic. Do they personally know the differents ? YES they do ! but the customer and the bills that need to be paid mean the most. The Forums and the Internet allow others to express themselves as they feel the need to do so , this allow's the slander towards others and what they do , it's no different then folks downing Kopper that has been in business for getting on 20 years now (they must have done something right to still be in business) Weather or not certain mod's and goodies are telling users lies or not , if they work and the customer is happy with what he or she has , that's all that really matters in the end. My famous last words so many times is this , We as radio operators do not talk to machines , we talk to people ,and in the end ,it's there opinions that matter the most. I can surely appreciate the truth on how it all works for the best performance all the way around and why , but the truth in "My hobby" is this . If it works the way it is , (truth or no truth) I need not fix it. Are we having fun yet ? Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.