• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

I know there is more then just Robb and I on the west side

Lets go fellow DX'rs post them contacts here!

WEST COAST IS THE PLACE TO BE.....

Absolutely . . .

More posters from the West Coast please.

Western Canada/Alaska and Mexico included.

But anyone can too . . .

Especially West of and including the Rocky Mtn range . . .

Last edited:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Well another wacked day for DX.....
Probigation like a bad roller coaster ride up and down so fast was not any time to really enjoy it... Had radio on all day as I was getting stuff rdy to deep fry a bird. Did make a few contacts in the AM then by midmorning it was getting quiet FAST !

19ON1007 Patrick

Waved HI to 19SD348 and wished good DX to him LOUD as always (y)

14KP275 Marc good long QSO here

122WN228 Mike

347LA125 Alberto in the Mobile

17ET-DX Jim Unusual to hear @ 10 am

350AT/DX made log :laugh:

143SD107 Jason he was booming in 5x9 ( first contact there)

And that about wraps it up as I go sit to eat Errr not going to move to well after (y)

Greetings on Thanksgiving Day

10m hasn't been so active as it was a week ago - IMO . . .
Japan 10x, Portugal, Brazil, heard the Philippines for the first time.

11m has seen a typical bunch of ops.

108AT019 LeighAnne 5/8 Scotland
108RS10 ? 5/4 Scotland
31SD321 ? 5/5 Portugal
19AT027 Frits 5/7 Netherlands
13PA001 Bernard 5/7 Germany
19SD348 Henry 5/8 Netherlands <-- Our member here 'Henry HPSD' on the WWDX forum
14BO900 Alain 5/4 France
1SR231 ? 5/4 Italy
1AT786 ? 5/5 Italy
136/14AT340 Marc 5/7 Martinique/France
10ET555 Eddy 5/9 Mexico
43SD280 Jordan 5/8 Australia
9RC918 Rob 5/9 Yukon Territory/Canada
25SD135 Aki 5/8 Japan

The '?' were caused by a lot of interference by other operators. One thing that CB ops don't do well is radio courtesy, as it is easier on the Ham bands to get a clean contact w/o stations disregarding the QSO happening on the same freq.

The QSO with the Yukon Territory was interesting. Never talked to that portion of Canada before. He was experiencing -40 degrees centigrade near White Horse, Yukon, Canada. He was also a Ham; but talks on the freeband.

Many European countries were wondering where all of the American stations were.
Had to tell them that Thanksgiving Day is a big deal in the US and that all/most of the ops were eating turkey dinner, watching American football games, and visiting with relatives.

Last edited:
Robb; The '?' were caused by a lot of interference by other operators. One thing that CB ops don't do well is radio courtesy said:
I get that on a regular basis NO COURTESY what so ever, Be talking to a OP trying to get all the info and some station comes blaring in trying to get same OP.. Or CQ'n on same freq when it is already in use... In some ways I do look forward to getting my ticket to get that "cleaner" QSO from that weak station that you have to put your ear to radio to hear... (did some one say invest in headphones?)

By the way..... test got moved upto Jan 7th (y) wish me luck going to go for general after passing tech..

This has been a terrible week for hillbilly's on .555 :mad: When a couple of yahoo's in the US can get on air and screw up trying to communicate with stations around the world, that really pisses me off. What is freebanding coming to?!

But we cannot complain to anyone - because it is the unsponsored 'freeband'.

Ham bands will get irate hams that will track a jammer and get another Ham to witness if such a thing happens. This kind of info along with a recording and a complaint will get results.

Between the 'woodpecker' on the freeband and people who intentionally jam .555, using the freeband is sometimes hard to do. Certainly harder than 10m - for sure. The best thing to do with that singing jammer (that also plays music) is to ignore him or use an adjacent freq such as .560 or .550. That is what I do. He is really a minor annoyance - IMO . . .
:LOL:

Just got the Sakhalin Island N of Mongolia in Russia just a few minutes ago on the 10m band/28.457.44mHz/USB @5/9 'UA0FO'/Sergei for the second time.

Last edited:
This has been a terrible week for hillbilly's on .555 :mad: When a couple of yahoo's in the US can get on air and screw up trying to communicate with stations around the world, that really pisses me off. What is freebanding coming to?!

hate to say it Robin,
But there is a canadian station that is doing the same stupid thing...
International borders does not stop stupidity

went back out to radio to shut it off for the nite and did a shout out...
got 158ET70 Alexander

Robb,
I may have heard a bit of that did take a wonder up that way to listen and think I caught a part of that conversation, still not use to that band yet
and all the call signs... There was one BIG station on Bonier (spell ck plz)that was doing a contest thinking it was on 450.0 he was hitting me at 7x9 30 over.. I would presume he was legal limit +

Just got the Sakhalin Island N of Mongolia in Russia just a few minutes ago on the 10m band/28.457.44mHz/USB @5/9 'UA0FO'/Sergei for the second time.
Yeah, I just caught the tail end of that. Whats up with OP's using their VFO's to the n'th degree ... 28.457.44??!

hate to say it Robin, But there is a canadian station that is doing the same stupid thing...International borders does not stop stupidity
I don't believe it, we are too nice to do stuff like that. :confused: If so, there are only 25 OP's here so it should be easy to find him and knock on his door.

Yeah, I just caught the tail end of that. Whats up with OP's using their VFO's to the n'th degree ... 28.457.44??!

I don't believe it, we are too nice to do stuff like that. :confused: If so, there are only 25 OP's here so it should be easy to find him and knock on his door.

Well, while waiting to make my call I will dial him in so that when I speak to him he will know that I took the time to do it all right. This includes looking up his callsign and begin to log it in. Speaking to him after finding out his first name is a nice detail too. Computers make this all possible - of course. The radio I use has a computer software program - I think it is pretty slick.

Right.
So you will start tomorrow?
:LOL:

Last edited:
Quiet up here. No hillbilly's on today, must have been standing in line all day. Spoke with Robb, SD123 or 103, which one is it? Sounding good!

31SD321 Gabriel in Portugal, first contact there. And a few cards came in recently;

14dx181front%28small%29.jpg

14dx181back%28small%29.jpg

9at270front%28small%29.jpg

9at270back%28small%29.jpg

1an448%28small%29.jpg

Hi Robin.

Yeah, it is 2SD123 after they got it all sorted out.
Great QSO today.

Only did a few today. I spent a lot of time talking to 163AT116 Beth 5/8 about hifi audio gear. Both the transmit mic/preamp/radio and the receive/monitor speaker. Like talking to Beth. AS often as possible.

Great looking cards, Robin. Like to see them here.

Sugar Delta sent me 30 QSL cards that aren't stamped with my call sign so I can fill them out myself and send them out. Generic Sugar Delta QSL cards. Got busy filling a couple of them out for a couple of ops that asked for them.

Did make a contact with 19ET029 Dave 5/8 in the Netherlands today. Also talked to 9NF401 Rick 5/7 in Newfoundland. Never talked to that part of Canada until today.

10m was pretty flat today; not much going on. Argentina, Brazil, and Chile were out there; but I already contacted those same ops once before.
11m wasn't much different.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.