• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

West Coast/California DX contacts today . . .

Xlnt - Whiskey Delta!

Got only a few today, as I got up a bit late.

30KP158 Pete 5/9+ Spain
163GB28 Sean 5/9 Wales
329PW010 Jan 5/9 Czeck Republic
14FT061 Jean-Claude 5/9 France
14KP468 Fred 5/9 France

16WO554 Adrian 5/9 Belgium - was one of the contacts that I smeared on my log sheet. Thanks for clearing up those numbers. Got him yesterday.
Also got 60VR022/Hong Kong yesterday. But didn't get his name and I didn't have the chance to give him mine, as the signal faded pretty fast. That was a 5/3 contact.

Last edited:
Xlnt - Whiskey Delta!

Got only a few today, as I got up a bit late.

30KP158 Pete 5/9+ Spain
163GB28 Sean 5/9 Wales
329PW010 Jan 5/9 Czeck Republic
14FT061 Jean-Claude 5/9 France
14KP468 Fred 5/9 France

16WO554 Adrian 5/9 Belgium - was one of the contacts that I smeared on my log sheet. Thanks for clearing up those numbers. Got him yesterday.
Also got 60VR022/Hong Kong yesterday. But didn't get his name and I didn't have the chance to give him mine, as the signal faded pretty fast. That was a 5/3 contact.

Hi Rob:

Congrats on your contacts today,I worked HK and talked for about 5 minutes about his location in downtown,working conditions,etc.. nice qso (y)

60VR022 Mr. Tang 27.577 USB 5/8 WKD

I'm using the same antenna as yours (4 Elem Yagi by Sirio) 10Ft on top of my 1 story home,just 20 Ft of the ground

73 de Andy/10AD171

THNX - Mr.Andy!

Conditions were present today; albeit poor.

Did manage one contact with 29B117 Gordon from Ireland, a 5/3 to 5/7 contact with considerable QSB.

Hope the Pacific Rim countries do better this evening than EU did did this morning into the West Coast .

Sunspots were weaker today, as the 'B class' (weakest class) were the only ones present along with 156 sfu's.

This isn't the end; perhaps the end of the beginning of the solar maxima - lol!

Last edited:
Just got Japan 25HF011 5/9 Mr. Yoshi .560/USB
Catch him while you can.
I'll update this post.

EDIT:
New Zealand 41WR007 5/7 John .578/USB - doesn't look like a legitimate call
Australia 43AU161-HB 5/7 Jay .415/LSB Contest#197
Australia 43CQ4551 5/7 Noel .410/LSB

Last edited:
Well got a few tonight myself conditions favourable surprised they lasted so long after dark and still going even as I type...

195sd101 Leslie <--- runs a ORIGINAL Avanti Sigma 4 ( going to dig mine out and reserect it)
158AT113 for a short hello again
12FAT001? Maxi hard to understand his call much QSB
25HF011 Yoshi For a quick we got each other again much QSB

Was hearing 43 div also just couldnt get back dont know why with my 1KW mouth as some would say... Also on my way home in the mobile tryed shouting for my bud in Ill and a station from 9 Div ontario said I was making to much noise (hehe) 7x9 30 over as he stated it.. didnt get call sign, but not bad for a stock Galaxy Pluto on a mag mount... By the way anyone out there have a NICE gamma match for a Sigma 4? or a LW150 or where I can get one?

Well not much for me today... was quiet on the band by time I got out of work... said what the heck keyed up in the Mobile on the way home and by golly 2WR178 came back and gave me a nice QSO for the ride home.. Both 7x9... I can almost claim Eddie Albert statis... ARIZONA is the place to be ! DXn is fun for me......... Again Thnx for the QSO Larry

Well my day off... was windy and COLD this morning.. The wind was playing havoc on that darned fiberglass antenna all morning causing a LOT of static in my radio, Does any one else experiance the same thing with the Imax? Or is it just me.. I do not remember such static with my Sigma 4 ( by the way got dug out today and looking at putting back together(y)) Well I did get a few contacts anyways, Here is the tally

68AT149 Martin
3UM44 Frank
14AT599 Eric always a good QSO
37at122 Jose I was in mobile at time going to POBox

2CW957 Chad MY bud in Ill Dont know if counts hehe
2AT228 Walt He was mobile at time good QSO

And finally Klondike Mike yelled and rattled my cage.. Good to know it getting consistant to hear him, when the short stuff comes in, ALWAYS good QSO w/9WR2000

29SD747 Dave 5/5
68DT019 James 5/9
14AT599 Erik 5/9
29WW787 Justin 5/9+

Again, the 10m contacts today were deeper into Europe. Poland, Serbia, Spain, and several German stations all pretty much 5/9. Made more 10m contacts than the freeband today.

Glad and grateful for any skip I get. Hope to get more of Europe.

Hi Robb:

I finally have the honor to meet our forum member Henry HSPD 19SD348 very loud in the West Coast of Mexico 5/9+30 2 days in a row,also I talk almost everyday with Larry 2SD178/Dxman always 5/9+30 and Robin 9WR2000/Klondike Mike 5/9+,many more contacts in to Europe/South Pacific/Asia/South America/USA

73 de Andy/10AD171
West Coast of Mexico/Baja California Peninsula

Whiskey- Delta 40 did you happen to get your WD call from Taffy in Austrailia by chance back in the early to mid 90s?

WD-305 was my WD call from those days

KG-5-BGT No I did not by chance... as the name implies I got it right from the can.. But I have used that call since the early 90's, Then hung up the Mic for about 12-13 years since moving to my current QTH.. Been back on the air now for about 3 months on the base and about 7 months I am going to say in the Mobile.. I did make one contact that did remember my call from the early days though... Still waiting for a few more

Great Andy.
Haven't heard you guys out there; I'm usually between .540 and .600.

Any new QSL cards come in?
Larry, Andy, Klondike, WD-40?

Yes I do have a few cards coming from Europe will post when I recieve them... and one unit was going to e-mail me but never came thru.. Lost in (cyber) Space? Might have to get the Robot to try and find it.......

And unfortantly no tally for last few days...(goto work before skip starts and get out shortly at end of it) keeping fingers crossed that sunday will be good to me like other ones... Still looking for that elusive 50 div might have to make a secret weapon to get there, to get over the top of the err ummm east coast "big radio's" (Tin foil on back side of Imax):unsure:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.