• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a superwhack pack??

overmodulated and distorted is more like it.

here's your radio after wackpack........
wackpack2.jpg

here's your radio after it's been un-wackpacked........
wackpackafterfix.jpg

any questions?
(pics courtesy of DTB Radio & 292 Radio Shop)

Reactions: 1 person
it more then likely is loud undertaker , you either live in a perfect radio world or you don't . The scopes read one thing and the guy on the other end of your transmission more then likely will hear something else. I personally could careless weather or not it's a wack attack radio or one from Joe Shmoe ,I personally do not talk to machines ,I talk to people and in the end ,they are what counts the most.

Switch Kit said:
you either live in a perfect radio world or you don't . The scopes read one thing and the guy on the other end of your transmission more then likely will hear something else. I personally do not talk to machines ,I talk to people and in the end , they are what counts the most.
Not being able to "hear" the distortion doesn't mean its not there and doing damage to the spectrum or the radio!

But, I suspect you CAN hear it! The problem is, people think the distortion sounds "loud". How long would you listen to your local AM broadcast station if they ran it like the fools on CB? Not too long because your ears would start to bleed!

Reactions: freecell
undertaker said:
On the other forum everyone says this mod is the best thing they have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOBBY, CAN YOU SAY EEI TURBO TUNE!! :D

REMEMBER WHERE THAT GOT THEM :oops:

where in the hell have been chief ? there's nothing new here dude ! You live in in OC , IM talking CB radio and have been for 20 years , tell me something I don't already know or that I personally care about , I care whats in front of me , You want to save the cb world from the way they prefer to sound weather you like it or not ? Be my guest. I would surely think after decades in this hobby , I personally have better things to do , If a guy whats to be balls to the walls audio and bleed that's his business,if he wants to run glued together mega amps more power to him. That's what they like, plane and simple. It isn't about what you or somebody else thinks because it wouldn't matter if you took a baseball bat to them and beat them senceless with it , they still will like what they like. Your rules and regs belong to you and for those that care along those lines, they do not apply to others who can basically give a ratts a$$ either way. They make there own rules and are happy with them, like I said , I could careless about a wack attack radio , IM sure they have sold 100s upon 100s of them and for the most part I'd bet to say that the majority were happy with them , you see Chief , not eveyone needs to understand whats really going on nor do they want to , they just need for things to work for them one way or the other.

The reason they have sold hundreds of them is alot of truck drivers will buy into anything. Just another sales booster, you don't want anything whacked or super whacked.

I bought into the hype years ago. Had a "patented true kit" installed in my radio from Wildfire electronics in Virginia. They claimed 50-70 watt peaks. Their secret mod was yanking Q32, the radio did 24-26 watts on a Bird 43P.

THERE ARE NO MAGIC BULLETS OR TUNES HERE PEOPLE.

truckers huh ? Auh yes , the ones that have kept this cb radio hobby alive , they brought it in and they will take it out. I suppose it's good to know when something isn't really happening to some guys radio , hell !! How many of the millions of drivers out there on the roads truly care what's going on with there radios and why ? as long as they are working , they all seem fairly content about it ,(in many of there minds ,there's a lot more to life then there trusty cb's)They like there wack packs and there twisted sister mod's , there not complaining ! Nope , it might be the 1% of the population of cb radio operators far and wide that might even give a wack packed crap about what's really going on . Like maybe the 1 % of the population that even own PC's and are on the computer trying to learn about what's really going on with there trusty CBs !! Well , they can have there blacklists ( because they care ? maybe to a degree , but it ain't no different then the wack attack guy , it's all about illegal greenbacks anyway I look it.) The good the bad and the ugly of it all. I hope those Wack off guys do well with there products of choice , either way ,IM sure FCC likes the hacks just as much as they like the certified ones (-: it's all the same in my neighborhood. Spare me the bull$hit , my cb's better then yours because I went over there and you went over there Hmmmmm , Well , those Wack off dudes and others like them have been in business for decades , I guess them there blacklists just need to start to multiply a little bit more huh ? I love this hobby !! Good ole Cb Radio ,the charectors behind there mic's , screw drivers , scopes and what not. Somebody always pointing the finger at somebody else and visa versa !! Oooooouuuuu Doooooooogiieeee !!! Nice to know there all loved my FCC the same (-: The day I see a tech whom practices humility as a way of life ,will surely be a breath of fresh air for me.

What I have learned is that one shoe/size does not fit all. Looking at the pictures of the scope reveals some distortion. I would also be interested in seeing the output from a spectrum analyzer to see if there is any adjacent splatter (how clean/unclean the signal is).

My opinion (not that it matters):
I have to agree with SwitchKit… many of these so called mods are nothing more than a fill the linings of the pockets of the self-proclaimed technicians. I think I have already stated my piece on these types of folks. I am neither for nor against them, but I feel that the service rendered (mods) is not worth the effort, time and money. Your money is better spent on quality (low loss) cable and the antenna. SSB is much more efficient—but some folks just don’t use it. I suppose it is like the CW vs. voice argument

My Rant:
These quick-fix mods can be quite costly (the after-effects) to the radio, other radio operators, neighbors (RFI), and the hobby as a whole. So many times, I hear complaints about Larry the loud mouth (a gross somewhat hasty generalization--sorry if your name is really Larry) and his over modulated radio that has grown quite tiresome over the airwaves in my locale. The only guy appreciating the over-modulation is the guy living 20+ miles away from Larry.

[/rant off]

;)

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.