• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a superwhack pack??

Moleculo said:
whack-a-mole mod

Hey! I didn't do it!! :p

For whoever it was that asked: I seem to remember the EEI turbo tune being just a plain ole NPC/RC mod, sometimes with the limiter clipeed DTB posted some pics of what the whackpack mod entailed somewhere....

I would like to see the pics. if possible. Thanks for the info.

MAYBE Hi SWR??? that mmight have been it.

freecell said:
15minigrass,

you have some other problem. typical am power for the 95T is 40W CARRIER & 160W PEP with no excessive heating.

unlock your caps lock key........

The explanation of a "WackPack" according to RadioActive Radios:

What is a "WackPack"?

A WackPack is a process exclusive to RadioActive Radios! About 12 years ago, we saw a need for customers who demanded more audio, cleaner signals, and wanted to be bodacious! After years of research we designed a way to make your radio do just that. We redesign the audio/wattage section of your radio (and other stuff too!) to make your radio do max watts, max audio, and swing. But operate at much cooler temps, helping your finals last A LOT longer!! Its like watching TV, and you hear a TV commercial tons louder than the show you were watching. They do that by audio, that's what we do to our radios! You'll love a WackPacked radio! Tuned/Peaked, Peaked/Tweaked, MegaTune or what ever you call the garbage stuff CB shops do are so basic it makes us laugh. If your paying for a tune/peak honestly you're getting ripped off. What they do is hack out your audio limiter, turn a core, or spread a coil. All together making your radio get a little more audio, but its like a fat man running up a hill! Won't last long, or strong! And please never be fooled by modulator kits! What a joke, yes some semi work, but you're paying $30-$60 for a resistor in a box! Will you WackPack my radio that I already own?? Yes, as long as it qualifies to get one done. Most Big Radio Chassis do, but please don't ask us to WackPack your Cobra, Midland, or Uniden, we specialize in Big Radios!

undertaker said:
On the other forum everyone says this mod is the best thing they have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to say what most will not. It is a half azzed tune meant to look good on a dosey meter. Clip this and turn this all the way up kinda of thing. Something just to show you a shat load of pep power so you will not have a problem writing that big check to pay for it. They tune for pep power and nothing else but i got news for you. it takes more than a half ass ed tune to get a radio to perform! Go to cbtricks.com and do it your self.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.