• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is your favorite SSB rig?

Sure Kenwoods are CBs..........My Kenwood CB gets used on 11 meters everyday.

Talk about getting off the subject, I didnt see anything about EXPORTS either! Next point; how many of these threads actually follow the original post to the tee? Dont cry, deal with it!

It's my first post here.

1: Cobra 2000GTL
2: JIL SSB-M6
3: Realistic TRC-457
4: Realistic TRC-449
5: Cobra 148GTL

Some extras...

CB's i didnt owned, but liked anyways

6: GE superbase
7: Midland 78-999
Yaesu FT-757 mkII ok this is no cb.

1. sbe console v
2. uniden washington(8719)
3 uniden grant
4. cobra 146 gtl
5. cobra 139xlr

imho the worst ssb radio i ever owned.. the cobra 2000( way overrated in my book)
as far as exports i would have to say the hr2510. the closest to an amatuer radio you are likely to get

How can you say Cobra 2000 is way overrated in your book????#2 and #3 on your list you have the same radio with fewer features.......after all a Cobra 2000 is an 8719 PLL with the same board as that Grant and Washington and 148. Why is it overrated, because it has a clock and frequency counter??????

i have had 2 of em myself and they both drifted all over the place. maybe i had junk ones i don't know. i just know everytime i had the 2000's i spent as much time tuning them and repairing them than talking. the washington and the grant i run for years and never had a problem one.

btw. i figured that would get a rise out of someone :p :LOL: :idea:

123michigan said:
1. sbe console v
2. uniden washington(8719)
3 uniden grant
4. cobra 146 gtl
5. cobra 139xlr

imho the worst ssb radio i ever owned.. the cobra 2000( way overrated in my book)
as far as exports i would have to say the hr2510. the closest to an amatuer radio you are likely to get

I think I forgot to list the SBE Console VI. I've had to many quirky issues with different Console V's. The 2510 was the first rig I bought to get me on 10 meters back in the 80's. I liked everything BUT, the dinky display.
-TSG

well the original post was for CB's,,,so here we go

1-Siltronics Albatros
2-uniden Grant XL
3-Tram D80
4-Midland 79-290
5-Cobra 2000GTL

oops,,,i just showed my age didnt I.......lol well he didnt say only 40 channels,,,,did he,,,,lol

rfpowerman 8)

my favorite radio

I had a cobro 29ltd nice radio and very loud
favorite ssb export lincoln
CDX126

rfpowerman said:
well the original post was for CB's,,,so here we go

1-Siltronics Albatros
2-uniden Grant XL
3-Tram D80
4-Midland 79-290
5-Cobra 2000GTL

oops,,,i just showed my age didnt I.......lol well he didnt say only 40 channels,,,,did he,,,,lol

rfpowerman 8)

Yep, even though it could be 23ch, I forgot to list my favs there too -I don't know if it was the name or just the brushed chrome, but that sure was a nice rig (Albatross). I've got one somewhere tucked in the boxes and dig it out just to look at it. I'd have to also add the SBE Super Console, The Johnson 350 2ch mobile, and the Midland 13-880b, because (being a teenager at the time) it was the only ssb base I could find under $200 in 1970.
-TSG

Hey there

for only 11 meter cb's

1- cobra 146 gtl
2- realistic navaho trc-30a (no ssb)

rest of my radios were not cb's lol

1- Icom IC-7000
2- Icom 706MKIIG
3- Ranger AR-3500
4- Ranger RCI-2970

for non HF ssb (VHF and UHF)

Icom IC-910H