• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yeticom Optima 10/11/12 Meter Export Radio reviewed @ cbradiomagazine.com

Because it was on Australian Ebay. Wasn't cheap 291AUD ( I got a bit carried away with the bidding, Dave would sell me a new one for $375 AUD )Advertised as a unused V2 We will see . Seller has 300 feedback 100%

For those whom have purchased from the Yeticom site:

How soon did you receive the radio after paying for it?

Also, does it have a 90 day warranty or a year. The site confuses me on this matter.

I know I have been critical of the units price...BUT,

I have been wanting another export type mobile for awhile now. The last 257HP I had was problematic. I have a 2950DX that works great, but only after sending it back for warranty service to fix a crappy tune. The other 10 meter exports out there seem to be having all kinds of fits. I don't need another Ranger headache.

So, after careful research I decided to order the Optima. I have been really unable to find any negative functioning issues with the currect builds. It did pinch the wallet some, but if it lives up to it's reputation it will be worth it.

I sent the funds via PayPal early this past Sunday morning. Dave replied back instantly saying funds received and he would provide UPS info on Monday. I havn't received any tracking number as of yet, but in an earlier email he says it takes 3-4 days to reach USA. That's pretty fast coming from Hong Kong, must be express shipping.

So, I am excitedly waiting on the Optima to replace the Ranger in the mobile. From everything I have read and the videos I have watched...I should be happy with it.

Last edited:

Also, does it have a 90 day warranty or a year. The site confuses me on this matter.

I have been wanting another export type mobile for awhile now. The last 257HP I had was problematic. I have a 2950DX that works great, but only after sending it back for warranty service to fix a crappy tune. The other 10 meter exports out there seem to be having all kinds of fits. I don't need another Ranger headache.

So, after careful research I decided to order the Optima. I have been really unable to find any negative functioning issues with the currect builds. It did pinch the wallet some, but if it lives up to it's reputation it will be worth it.

I sent the funds via PayPal early this past Sunday morning. Dave replied back instantly saying funds received and he would provide UPS info on Monday. I havn't received any tracking number as of yet, but in an earlier email he says it takes 3-4 days to reach USA. That's pretty fast coming from Hong Kong, must be express shipping.

So, I am excitedly waiting on the Optima to replace the Ranger in the mobile. From everything I have read and the videos I have watched...I should be happy with it.

After hooking everything up, Make sure ya got a glass of water and a bottle of aspirins,/JK you will be pleased. Just to let you know, Tucker 442 has a couple of Optimas and I'm sure he would be glad to answer any Questions you might have. Enjoy your New Toy, you will like it.

mine was here 3 days from the shipping tracking start. About the meter thing, I don't think I would mess with anything like that. Sure I am sure it's possible but what happens if you just touch something by accident while trying to solder a little wire in place for the meter and the radio goes belly up? Guess we will find out about factory service at that point. I would leave well enough alone, the meter bar graph in mine works a lot better than the magnums did so give it a try before getting any ideas about a add on S meter

I don't know if I would do that the graph meter in the Optima works a lot better than the 257 ones did. My radio was here 3 days from the start of the tracking so by the date that is quoted here you should be getting your radio today;)

I don't know if I would do that the graph meter in the Optima works a lot better than the 257 ones did. My radio was here 3 days from the start of the tracking so by the date that is quoted here you should be getting your radio today;)

I have to wait until this Monday for it to ship. The lady that ships is out of the office until Sunday.:(

Thanks,

I wouldn't do it, but always like to look at any types of mods.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.