• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

your favorite CB myth , lies and legends .

............and if you hook your CB up to the cable TV system you will be able to talk all across town..

50 watt dk 2000 watts pep on a pep meter is the stuff! Not a good 600 watts on a Avg meter that dont move or swings upward 40 or 50 watts under mod.

Biggest myth i heard. i bought this )*(&^*)& radio ill &*()^)&* talk wherever the *&^&*)& i want to ass8--0 . Thats what was told to me on the 10 meter band on 28.325 am the other day . They was even dumb enough to tell me who they worked for and their names . LOL I loved sending that recording off to the FCC .. Keep the Dang blasted F Bombs and the Illegal CB's the hell off the Ham Band's

Biggest myth i heard. i bought this )*(&^*)& radio ill &*()^)&* talk wherever the *&^&*)& i want to ass8--0 . Thats what was told to me on the 10 meter band on 28.325 am the other day . They was even dumb enough to tell me who they worked for and their names . LOL I loved sending that recording off to the FCC .. Keep the Dang blasted F Bombs and the Illegal CB's the hell off the Ham Band's

Can't or won't argue with that...

Wecome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome.. On a happy note Boy did the ten meter band open up the other day wow. I was smiles ear to ear made 5 contacts in 35 mins . Must have had a pipeline to the west . Only had the 718 set for 45 watts on ssb.

Long before the big watt competition amps were devised I heard a few.

1) CB Shop owner was bragging on his 3 stage Gray 300(4xMRF455) amps stating that the low side is for local talking and the high side is for shooting skip.

2) Dump truck driver saying how he could change traffic lights with a Golden Eagle 500(They might do 450 peak on a dosy).

3) Another funny one was a claim that a mobile with 200 watts could light up a flourescent bulb from 30 feet away.

4) Whistling in the mic will blow the final out.

5) If your radio keys 4 watts and then you turn a 100 watt amp on.......your coverage distance will increase by 25 times.

6) The FCC will arrest you on the spot for operating any amp in back of a CB.

7) An Antron 99 has a 9.9 db gain.

There are more but I don't have a week to put them all down.

i heard most of the ones you posted ... the funny one is n#6

Running a power mic with the volume turned up almost all the way & same with the mic gain on your radio will give you more range lol. Only thing that will do is piss alot people off with the muffled & squeel sound your audio will have

yeah, but it clears up out there in dxland :love:

Had a guy tell me once that he was living near a river and wasn't getting the range he wanted out of his radio.

He went on to say that he got a very long chain, dragged it into the river, and connected his ground wire to it. He said he used the "whole river" for his ground and instantly was able to talk 100-200 miles on the same barefoot radio that had previously only been able to talk 5 or 6 miles.

What else can you do? Smile, nod your head, and keep the BS rolling .

heres another good one ........

http://www.mauldroppers.com/showthread.php?1010-Swing-kit-or-not.&p=175927#post175927

"I have had some pretty schwingy rigs... On a PEP meter I've had them dead key 15-20 watts and SSSSWWWIIIINNNNNGGGGG up to about 700 and it was cristal clear audio... Don't tell me it wasn't cause the o-scope showed perfect sign waves from the antenna coax... Amplitude Modulation is the key. If you adjust everything properly and don't have any pinched or chopped carrier you are going to be clear 99% of the time."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.