• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your vote on Modification

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Modifications Poll:
How Would you Modify your radio?

1. Would you Crush the Component ?

2. Would you Heat and Extract Component ?

Last edited:

if i had my way i would encourage manufacturers to make full RX/TX mods to be as simple as moving or removing those little black jumper plug thingys

2517_conv.gif

1. Remove the cover from the unit and locate 6 pin jumper labeled J29. Move the shorting block from it's current position to the back/right position as shown.
2. Re-Assemble the unit and check All Bands for Proper operation.

He meant that lame techs are cutting elements from a board, more advanced are using soldering iron :D
Mike

Yup. And this was supposed to be a voting poll damn internetwebz !!!!

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

i just lift one end.easy to reverse later.why destroy the part?get the wrong one and you are up the creek.

my 78ltw came with talk-back (i asked for it that way) but it was s bit too loud for my liking . after a while i became annoyed with it and was afraid if i tried to de-solder it that id mess something up so i snipped each side of the resistor with toe nail clippers . :whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.