• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1/4 wave install on my old honda

Is that a 102" or 108". If its a 102" you need to add the pot belly spring to make it a 1/4 wave.
100_73.jpg
The antenna I went with is the mfj 1966. 108 in stainless steel. No need for a spring or 6 inch riser.

I may have you beat!

RT307

get_attachment_aspx_4.jpg

get_attachment_aspx_5.jpg

You got me beat by a foot! This is my portable HF setup consisting of a Tarheel model 100A screwdriver antenna with a 17 ft. telescoping whip. Since the top of the antenna where the whip mounts is about 12 feet high, the makes the overall height of the antenna to the tip 30 ft after tuning.

The whip alone is a Quarter wave length for 20 meters, when added to my antenna it in increases the efficiency due to losses in the coil in the lower bands.

Basically I can tune 40 meters where I would tune 20, and tune 80 meters where I would tune 40. On 80 meters without this whip, I use about 15 inches of coil even when using a capacity hat, with it I use about 5 inches or so of coil. That's a significant reduction of added inductance needed to match the antenna to 80 meters resulting in better ERP.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated