• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 choice

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys, I only can buy 1 what would you go with and why please? Cobra comp 29 cb radio. Looking for cb mic . Ranger 198 or Astatic 636. Thanks

Reactions: Slowmover

That 198 does feel better to hold, and you can always use it for self defense. That microphone has got some heft to it.

Reactions: Slowmover
Not cancelling...but it is a loud mic and feels good in the hand. Very heavy. The packaging even states not to use it as a weapon. The element can be direct swapped with some smooth sounding elements costing a few bucks. I run them on practically everything, even HF rigs. Styled after the old school JMR racing mics, except those had a plastic case. These are cast.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PIN-PIST...G:sc:USPSPriorityFlatRateEnvelope!43107!US!-1

@Mudfoot - (y)(y)

@Ziploc - Just so you don't sell yourself short - there are other keying methods...

Then there was a paddle type like BUM-1
upload_2020-3-23_7-45-52.png

Road Gear has a Fist grip too,,,

upload_2020-3-23_7-46-55.png

Just other options because Astatic quality - well, I'm sure you've dealt with cheap feel as well as no weight...

One can be used for a Club while the other can support your fist in the proper geometry for maximum efficiency...

I bought many of those pistol grip mics from FossCB. He gives me extra free batters. I'm over 20 purchased. I let them go with radios I've sold. Gave good friends a few. They are my favorite mic for CB.

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.