• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 driving 4 CURRENT DRAW

That would be an unusual configuration.

I'll assume you mean 1 2290 X 4 2879'S. Class C.

100 amps would do, leaving some headroom.

All really depends on what brand amp we are talking about. A Texas Star 667 pulls between 50-55 amps and is run off two 30 amp fuses. The X-Force web site says their class C 1x4 draws a max of 85 amps.

It really depends on the rated output of the amplifier. If the manufacturer makes the thing so it puts out a nice, conservative, CLEAN, reliable amount of power, it will need less current. If it is a balls-out screamer, it's gonna need more juice to feed it. It's no different than cars.

To figure out the current requirements, use ohm's law based on the rated output of the amplifier. Don't forget to calculate in the effeciency of the amp based on how the transistors are biased.

The linear I have is a TX-600. Based on what everyone says here, I will be good to go with a 100 amp supply. I want to run this on my base. I have a Tekpower 50 amp supply that I bought here. If I buy another one, can I stack them? That is, can I parallel the outputs to get 100 amp capacity without frying anything??? Do I need isolation diodes??? The supply is good quality. 0-24 vdc, 50 amp continuous, overload , current sense, blah, blah, blah. I can afford another 50 , but a 100 is kinda out of my $$$ range. Will this work or will I be up in smoke?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.