• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1 piece bridge rectifiers - whats inside?

Naysayer

Mar 6, 2020
New York
Anyone ever open one up or see inside a broken one?
If I guess that 'inside are 4 axial diodes arranged so the case merely facilitates cooling' would I be correct?
My homebrew DC filament attempt (<6A) encountered regulator voltage-drop and high-heat from diodes so I'm working through it. I could ditch the DC plan but not until I understand why.
neil, nyc

If I guess that 'inside are 4 axial diodes arranged so the case merely facilitates cooling' would I be correct?
That's about it, the higher current ones are bolted to a heatsink to dissipate heat.
Even high current single diodes screw into some kind of metal used as a heat sink to dissipate heat.
The bottom example has active cooling

Jeff
GS01363-2.jpg
GS01366-12.jpg
s-l300 (1).jpg

I wired up a home brew PS (Pyramid 35A case but heavier insides) to heat the 4cx300 filaments for several hours (NOS years of storage). I measure less than 7A (just the filaments). I expected less than 6A.

Anyway, the four 2n3771 got so hot I added a fan but it still feels too hot. I can't imagine leaving it for several hours as suggested after years of storage. I'm considering doing one tube at a time. Tubes are 6v so I;m not wiring directly to transformer (>6.3).

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 71

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated