• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10-5-18 LSB 38 Keydown?

Redbeard U812

WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas
Jul 14, 2018
Man, seems like LSB 38 has a keydown going on. Or Mexico is skipping and bleeding on AM 38. Lots of Spanglish and Spanish. Anyone else receiving this?

Mexico loves to use 38 AM when skip is rolling.

it's kind of a protest against all the traffic they have to deal with coming from us.

My guess is that there is an assumption that if there is always interference on AM, then there will be less SSB skip coming in from us.

sure would be nice if we had someone who was on the forum that drives a cab in Mexico.
LC

Port Lavaca, TX. Got all of 38 lower and upper awl jammed up with Mexican cabdrivers. No Hablo. No Savi.

Just scrolled through channels, nothing but Spanish. Is there an Anti Kavenaugh invasion happening? Heck even some CW on CB band. What is going on?

I am on the west side, near the top of one the highest peaks in my area on the southwest side of north Texas. I have a discone 30' up with a clear west view from north to south. Signals from the east can be a challenge but when Mexico goes off I can usually hear it. I am only using scanner now and haven't tried SSB so that may be the problem. About to swap scanner for SSB radio...

I have the Gulf of Mexico to south and east. May be skip. Sometimes I can get P.R. coming in.

Oh well I tried. Scanned upper and lower for 45 minute. Still nada. Wrong side of the hill tonight.

No comprenda ,had a tad of em in mo yesterday .then upper channels had several

Sadly skip is rolling in southwest mo n lightning has been on n off all day . Every time id put my coax on it would thunder loud close by.what few seconds i did hear was lotta far away broadcasting

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.