• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 meter radio

They are very good,but so old...just about as old as my Siltronix 1011d...hehe ar3500 and hr2510 hr2600 and Lincon are great radio,but i like the rice burners, Yeasue 101 breeds...even the 301 and 901...73s de JW

You could get a 148gtl and change out the crystal to make it a 10 meter radio. They are super stable and can easily cover the whole 10 meter band. You wouldn't have fm but they talk good and don't drift around. Just a thought anyhow.

i'm looking for some 10 meter radio, that have stability on SSB!!
i know the rci 2950 and 2950dx
there more???

Sure, you looking for a Monoband 10 meter radio? The Magnum 357 and Radio Shack HTX-10 are very nice 10 meter radios. Other old ones, the Uniden HR-2510, 2600 and AR Ranger 3300, 3500 and the RS HTX-100. The older radios can be found for $100 or less.

My DX99 works ok on SSB, just takes about 5 minutes for it to warm up and stabilize, often changing freq by a little over 1khz. Its also very easy to bump that slider knob they call an unlocked clarifier.

from what I understand some of the DX99's have it worse than others, I think it was something to do with the caps on the board and the fix was obviously to replace them.

Any uP-based frequency generators are rock solid: OmegaForce S45HP, Magnum 257HP, etc. , the new Optima. The old stand-bys: HR2510, 2950, etc, as well.

The Superstar SS158EDX has a mixed reputation - some say it drifts, others say no. Mine does not. Go figure. My "Golden Goose"...er, I mean General Grant does a bit. You basically have to try 'em out and see.

Any uP-based frequency generators are rock solid: OmegaForce S45HP, Magnum 257HP, etc. , the new Optima. The old stand-bys: HR2510, 2950, etc, as well.

The Superstar SS158EDX has a mixed reputation - some say it drifts, others say no. Mine does not. Go figure. My "Golden Goose"...er, I mean General Grant does a bit. You basically have to try 'em out and see.

I am waiting for my new radio to try out on SSB, The Yeticom Optima. Will keep everyone informed on the outcome. My old version RCI-2950 was great. Also the DX version was good too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.