• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10 turn Clarifier Pot

Sammitch

Oct 20, 2014
Hey all,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a 10 turn pot for the clarifier in my cobra 148gtl, side mount mic?
I have found all kinds of them, but would like a splined shaft so I can keep the original knob.
I know it is 20k pot, but everything I find is either smooth shaft or flat on one side for a set screw.

The radio was modded when I bought it new in 1985, but the stock clarifier is just too touchy. Just trying to find one with a splined shaft.

Thanks, sammitch

Hey all,
Does anyone know where I can purchase a 10 turn pot for the clarifier in my cobra 148gtl, side mount mic?
I have found all kinds of them, but would like a splined shaft so I can keep the original knob.
I know it is 20k pot, but everything I find is either smooth shaft or flat on one side for a set screw.

The radio was modded when I bought it new in 1985, but the stock clarifier is just too touchy. Just trying to find one with a splined shaft.

Thanks, sammitch
Most of these come from china for $4 (some cb shops charge you $40 to add this option) but unfortunately you have to drill out the knob. One ass even made a video with showing off the wobbly know as he turns it. LOL

Reactions: 543_Dallas
Hey all,

Thanks, sammitch

That's going to be a lot fun

Try to revert the modification and get a small range +2 or -2 Khz is all you really need with the original potentiometer

More range makes the radio very unstable,frequency drift,etc.

There are channel kit's with IC's to get 5Khz and 10Khz up or down

PLL-Module without LED-function (for AM/SSB-radios)

Pincompatible replacementfor original PLL, for Selfinstallation *
High quality Motorola PLL onboard
Up to 4 bands in international grid
For MB8719 / PLL02A / CCI3001 / LC7120 / LC7131 / uPD28xx
● Also available for uPD858 as additional module
Additional functions like +10kHz, +5kHz, UK band etc.

Hope this helps
Andy

Reactions: LeapFrog
hi Sammitch,

you aren't going to find one with a splined shaft. if you do, make sure you tell us, as we will all be buying some. LOL

you will have to drill out a knob to 1/4".

best to use a drill press for this, as any hand drilling is just asking for a wobbly "snake radios" type of operation.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.