• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

100% modulation

9Lives

Oct 3, 2012
I just got a virgin galaxy 959. I love it. Compared to the new 148 it seems not a fair comparison. Although on the oscilloscope the peaks looked better on the cobra. They looked more picture perfect. The galaxy they look kind of short and fat. I don't want to mess this radio up by hacking it so I came here.

Before we start I already know all the adjust ment points.

What would be done in this case? I want those pretty lumpy lobes.

Was the vertical sensitivity and the horizontal sweep on the 'scope set the same when reading both radios? It seems like a basic question but it has been overlooked before leading to someone thinking things were different because they looked different on the scope.

Reactions: 1 person
DTB set my 959 to do between 90 and 100 percent modulation and to the end of the meter when I whistle while breathing in with the stock mic. I run a RF Limited 2018 mic which makes it easier to not talk as loud. The left rear side of the radio gets pretty warm on extended talking though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.