• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

10k which one?

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
I have a

Straight Bar Front Bed Rail Bracket # 313

Breedlove mount I plan on mounting on my pickup truck bedrail dead center right behind the rear window. The top of it will still be about 8 inches or so below the top of the cab. I've never owned a Predator 10k but, after all the great reviews I've read here about them, I am going to order one. My question is, for the location I described, which one should I get? Shaft length, dual or single coil, etc...???
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

im gonna say single coil..but more importantly must get the coil above the roof..higher the better .also is it just me or im finding at least on my searches less and less place are carrying 10ks .especially the single coils..im mostly seeing bad to the bone to my understanding is a dual coil ..and the sw model

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
I have a

Straight Bar Front Bed Rail Bracket # 313

Breedlove mount I plan on mounting on my pickup truck bedrail dead center right behind the rear window. The top of it will still be about 8 inches or so below the top of the cab. I've never owned a Predator 10k but, after all the great reviews I've read here about them, I am going to order one. My question is, for the location I described, which one should I get? Shaft length, dual or single coil, etc...???
Thanks in advance.
Unless your running huge watts it's a waste of money get a top loaded antenna with some gain, dont these guys fool you into thinking that because it's a great big ugly antenna that it's better

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
The single coil 10k with a 27 inch shaft performance is very close to a 1/4 wave.
I have done on the air testing base to mobile @100+ miles back to back and the difference is minimal.
The 10k is light, built well and tunes easily.
Don't bother with the double coil.
Kale and I have had our share of arguments about antennas, but I will say that the single coil on a 22 or 27 inch shaft is hard to beat with anything other than a full size whip.

Jeff

The single coil 10k with a 27 inch shaft performance is very close to a 1/4 wave.
I have done on the air testing base to mobile @100+ miles back to back and the difference is minimal.
The 10k is light, built well and tunes easily.
Don't bother with the double coil.
Kale and I have had our share of arguments about antennas, but I will say that the single coil on a 22 or 27 inch shaft is hard to beat with anything other than a full size whip.

Jeff
Thanks. I have read that on this forum a few times.
Appreciate it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.