• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meter Amplifier Build.

Capt Crunch

Captain Crunch NJ Mobile
Nov 3, 2015
New Jersey
www.iamawesome.com
So been reading for years about amps for 11 meters and nothing ever really 100% about them and the ones building them. Have found at least two or more threads pointing out something wrong with their builds. All the big guys I have been reading about like BBI, Dave Made, Carl Built, Hopper, Fat Cat, Fatboy, Rocket Box, RM Italy, Texas Star etc. etc.. Looking for 800 to 1KW PEP Mobile. Looking into Mosfet or Transistor, and looking for someone who does them right. Any one? Recommendation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebel Outlaw

I would get a Carl Built or Hopper. Go with an 8 pill and get your power line, grounding, and antenna all dialed in and be done. If they can't hear you with an 8 you don't need to talk to them.
Just wondering if any who has said something about their builds, builds something better. If no answer here, I am most likely going to Hopper and getting a 8X2SC2879C. I have a Carl Built 400HDHG and works great. I am running it with my Galaxy DX979 thats doing 25 PEP. Going to run the new one with a Anytone AT-6666 thats doing 59 PEP. Really just for AM local fun LOL. I shoot skip SSB stock radio normally. Everything else is all good. I run 2 15ft LMR400UF Cables to a Breedlove Puck Mount. 1/0 Gauge wires.

Attachments

• 0606191209_HDR.jpg
    0606191209_HDR.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
The problems arent the builders. The problem is there's more than one way to build transistor amps and most builders /repair people dont agree. The other issue is the rf devices builders have to work with today. They suck compared to the old Toshibas. Stay with hg and screw dei.
If i were to spend the money id go spend it at Carl made. Carl is an old school builder and the founder of xforce amps. He sold it to Arlen and he fucked it all up.
For the watts you want id go with a 2x8 and loaf it to avoid pill issues. Nowadays if you want to see 1k peak consistently buy something thats twice that and be gentle with it rather than running balls out all the time.
Thats my 2¢

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.