• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meters is Hopping !

BC Coyote

Oct 17, 2023
I notice that the "11 meters is very quiet" thread hasn't been seeing as much activity lately, because 11 meters is hopping, and isn't quiet at all !
So I decided to start a new thread that better reflects the current conditions.
Maybe we can get this thread to 527 pages like the old one before conditions die down in a few years. Or maybe y'all will continue posting in the old thread. Who knows ?

After a few days of OK-but-not-great conditions, we had a really amazing opening from here on the West Coast to Europe all morning today. Stations from Italy, Slovenia, France and Spain are all booming in here today with up to S 9 signals. Also worked Denmark, Azores Islands and a couple Alaska stations. And it's barely lunch time. 150 watts and an Antron. Gotta love the peak of the sunspot cycle !

Conditions are totally nuts. From 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM all the channels are full of skip and crazy conditions. We have a local club here and it is impossible to talk local in the daytime now.

Made some great contacts today as well. Talked to 2 guys in the UK out of my truck sitting on the family property at around 3:30 cst. No problems 5/7 both ways. Kinda late in the day for EU that strong from the mobile. Earlier in the afternoon worked Jordan on 10m ssb from the house off the vertical.

Reactions: BC Coyote
all the channels are full of skip
The regular 40 is totally nuts right now. You pretty much have to go up above or down below to have any kind of conversation, whether it's DX or local.
We still talk local on sideband around here in the daytime, but we go way above channel 40 to do it !

Last 3 days have been wide open here in Ky. Made dozens of contacts into Europe Scandinavia the Middle East and Africa. Also into Indonesia and Asiatic Russia. Eastern Europe was especially strong the past couple days. It's held out a little longer this spring so get it before it's gone!

Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.