• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1296 Antennas, hombrew, most sensitive dimension

AA6EG

Mar 20, 2013
I plan to build some 1296 yagis, for moonbounce. I am aware of the need for high accuracy for translating computer model yagis to reality. The 1296 yagis are going to be used for moonbounce and will have wooden booms, need to be mamimally efficient. Can anyone who has done this, tell me the most hyper sensitive dimension in such a yagi? I am thinking 10 ft (3m) boom).

1.individual director element lengths
2.Director element spacings
3.Straightness of the boom.
4. Driven Element length, Matching
5.Driven element to Reflector Spaciing
6.Driven element to Director Spacing
7.Driven Element Length
8. Reflector length.
Tnx, DX de Pat AA6EG

The most important things is going to be the driven element length and straightness of the boom and the elements need o be on the same plane...

so long as the reflector is the largest and the directors are smaller than the driven element, and that all of them are pretty close it should work fine...

Also you can play with the element spacing, longer spacing generally means more gain, but there are trade offs, and there is a point when the lengths is too great to get more gain.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.