• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148/final kit

I came across a good deal on one. I only wanted it so I could start using ssb. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reply.

vnsdeacon said:
I came across a good deal on one. I only wanted it so I could start using ssb. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the reply.

What is the point on turning a single final 148 into a dual final? I hope you don't plan on butchering a Malaysian 148. :shock:

I don't understand your reply? You can use it on SSB as is, you dont' have to install dual finals just to talk on SSB.

vnsdeacon said:
MY bad .I thought that I had to for some reason. Malaysian ?

Just means where it was built or if it was bulit there ? Dual finals huh ? You don't need them to talk SSB , a good tune on that radio should add up to about 20 pep on both AM/SSB , you want more power ? Would be best to get a decent small amp for it on the side. Good Luck to you.

The Phillipine or Malaysian radios were of better quality than the Chinese rigs-if you have a nice Phillipine 148 it's best not to modify it so it retains it's value.You can talk pretty far on 12 watts sideband when skip is good-no need for dual finals.

I have decided to get the radio. Still going to sent it out to have it looked at. Just for a peak/tweak.Ok now what is a good freq.counter to mount under the radio.

The FC-390 would be the way to go on that 148GTL , they are totally nice. They need a slight mod to the unit and then the pigtail that comes with it will be wired to the 148s board ,after that a small plug will nicely hang out the back of the radio that you would then plug the unit into. Very nice especially if the radio has extra channels , this way you really don't need to use a road map to find them. Your 148GTL is a nice one , it would be worth every penny you decide to put into (hopefully with a good tech who knows his snit) and the FC-390 would surely be a touch of class on that radio. There are other cheaper models that you could use that just run off the coax but that's only when you key the radio up will it tell you the freq you are on ,The FC-390s are constint.

Good radios them 148gtl are I also just aquired a really nice one also a 1192 model and never touched I set power and modulation along with aligning the transmit for Sideband thats it and its nice transmits and revieves great good reports on sound. I took mine in on a trade but knew after date was given amd it was a never touched or hacked radio it was worth something

Good radios them 148gtl are I also just aquired a really nice one also a 1192 model and never touched I set power and modulation along with aligning the transmit for Sideband thats it and its nice transmits and revieves great good reports on sound. I took mine in on a trade but knew after date was given amd it was a never touched or hacked radio it was worth something

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.