• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 GTL Poor Mans Chl. Mod?

Noticed that through various selection of repurposed switches I can actually hit LSB and USB channels which are already accessed via LSB/AM/USB. What I realized is with the switches it seems that the AM carrier is being trans.....Freq. counter is now functioning as though in normal AM.

What is the benefit of this? The band range is increased to some of the 10 and 12 meter. But is there any gain to having the AM carrier trans. with the LSB/USB? My Stryker 497 seems to do this also.

Should I be trans. with the AM carrier or not?
Are you saying that you are seeing a carrier on LSB or USB?
That should not happen - no.

Reactions: Rwb
Are you saying that you are seeing a carrier on LSB or USB?
That should not happen - no.
No carrier on LSB or USB. Just when the repurposed switches are active. Say Chl. 23 AM with ANL/HI/DIM turns (fools) AM 23 to read 26.935 on freq. counter. Not sure it is actually trans. We tried a test Mine at the "fooled" 26.935 and friends at LSB 38 (26.935). No go on that test. Like Andy stated it may not even be 26.935 but the freq. counter is reading it that way.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.