• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148f hybrid what's required

Mar 22, 2008
i have a couple of 148s I'd like to add a frequency display to, like a 148f. I got an 88 front and a 148f front. I also have the counter board from a 148f. Besides the fact of rerouting the push button wires. What's needed to get the counter working right?

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/galaxyfc347_texasrangerfc390mods.html

This should give more light to the situation. I believe the the jumper is for a 10.695 IF or 7.8 IF selection.

Those type of freq counters don't take into account the IF hence the jumper. So there is a chance the counter would be not accurately displaying the "overall" freq of the radio if your IF's aren't spot on.

CBPhreaker

I will give it a shot, just been lazy to get it going with he other projects I got going on. On a Side note Phreaker, I do want to get back to low level modulating my 148. I also need to solidify the precision diode detector.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.