• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

17 meters

novakor

Apr 5, 2005
Reno,Nevada
I was tuning around the band today listening to the HF and 17 meters was very active.Although i have no HF privileges it still is fun to listen,it's what drives us to upgrade.
Anyway for those of you that have 17m,voice is 18.100khz thru 18.168khz usb tune in and enjoy.
73,Stu

Stu, 17 meters is my favorite band to operate on. I work a lot of DX and have some really nice QSO's from time to time. More of a gentlemens band, where you don't need legal limit to get noticed. I use a home brew rotable dipole for an antenna, mostly just 100 watts from the TS570D, but sometimes I fire up the SB201 to bust the pileups. Lat nite it was open way into the evening. Lots of Asia and even a Russia station. 17 and 12 are called WARC bands, no contesting allowed and nets are not "supposed" to be on these bands, but I have heard a few nets on 17. I think I like the WARC bands because of the more relaxed atmosphere. Its a whole lot of fun. Use that enthusiasm to get UPGRADED :LOL: , you will never regret it.
Ed
KC0PZE (listen for that call on 17 you will probably hear it.)

17 meters was wide open yesterday. I really like this band. I had about an hour drive to a friend's house yesterday afternoon. While mobile, I hit a station in Costa Rica that was giving out contacts. After that I dialed around a bit and happened to hear a station in Hong Kong that just started calling CQ North America and was the first to get him!!

20, 17 and 15 are great DX bands have lots of fun there during the day. I have good luck with a A99 and a tuner on 15 and 17. 40 is a good band too for daytime ragchewing and if you like nets. Tune in and check it out.

Jonbah
1st Class Mud Duck

Ed, I will listen up for your call,i now have it in my log.

Moleculo, I also was listening to that station from Costa Rica, right around 18.134 if i remember right.

jonbah, A99 and a tuner for 15 & 17m!!! I might have to keep my A99 around a little longer.

Take care and Good Luck from the Silver State.

73,Stu

Stu, I worked that Costa Rica station on Sunday. He gave me a 5-9+ sig report. Been a lot of good DX on 17 for sure.
Ed
KC0PZE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.