• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 meter on a bike

datsun66

Apr 10, 2005
Lewistown, Montana
I bought a bike and this has am/fm stereo and what i would like to do is mount a 2 meter radio on the bike with a helmet headphones and mike. Any suggestion on what would work.
Bob.

Bob,
If you've got the room for it, almost anything will work. Bikes have the same problem as any other vehicle as far as noise/interference etc. They can sort of present a problem on the lower bands, they just aren't as 'big' as cars. Certainly doesn't mean you can't do it though, and VHF/UHF shouldn't be any problem.
As far as the headphones/mic thingy goes, it's more a matter of what will fit, both the radio and inside the helmet. The earphone and bone-conduction mic thingy sounds like a good idea to me. No idea about compatibility with any particular radio, so that may only be an 'idea'.
'Course, since you ride a bike, you already know about paying attention to stuff. Adding a two-way radio to that 'stuff' is just a matter of more 'paying' of that attention.
Have fun.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.