• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

20 meter dipole question

You can fold back the legs, just keep some space between them, this will narrow the band width and effect the radiation pattern but it will make for a smaller foot print

I didn't think about linear loading when I posted above. You can indeed fold the elements back on themselves however it will be ttial and error with lengtb as the overall length of wire needed will differ than that of a straight dipole. It will also be less efficient.

I was always under the impression when trying to achieve wide bandwith, (1) or (2) 1/2 wave elements were placed in very close parallel proximity to the driven dipole....However they are not connected at the feedpoint...

Seems like I remember and old Tri-bander design where the 20m element was "excited" and the 15m and 10 meter elements spaced very close but not connected to the coax to avoid using traps on the driven element. These elements were isolated from the boom to achieve this???

Factor???(y)
All the Best
Gary

This is also known as "Sleeve Coupling"

Check out Multi-Band Rotating Dipole - DESpole - The multiband rotating dipole for all locations - InnovAntennas

Gary, check out the Force 12 antennas. They use the open sleeve system for their driver elements. There are others out there as well but Force 12 uses that in a lot of their antennas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.