• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2007 Cobra 29 LTD Classic will not power up not diodes or audio IC.

2315 Robert

Grateful
May 28, 2016
Central Coast CA
Just got a Craigslist 2007 Cobra 29 LTD Classic. Will not power up. Thought would probably be the reverse polarity diodes D23 or D8 but no such luck. The audio IC has voltage at pin 1 which I found on another site to check. The switch has 13.8 to all terminals red, orange, green yellow, white black. Another forum advised that if I jumped terminals that the radio should power. Pretty sure the switch is shorted but not sure what to disco and jump. Any help would be appreciated. Visually I do not see anything that looks burnt(resistors/caps etc.) I do understand that if was reversed could have taken out a bunch of stuff. I want to try to chase it to the end. Thank you.

I would guess the same thing as Robb.

usually in a 29LTD that transistor is mounted to the side of the metal chassis for heatsinking purposes, so you won't find a part number.

it looks just like the driver transistor, and sometimes is the same transistor as the driver.
LC

I would guess the same thing as Robb.

usually in a 29LTD that transistor is mounted to the side of the metal chassis for heatsinking purposes, so you won't find a part number.

it looks just like the driver transistor, and sometimes is the same transistor as the driver.
LC
Thank you I will check into that. I was way off was looking to find a part number for the rectifiers which I "assumed would be the voltage regulators"

Thank you I will check into that. I was way off was looking to find a part number for the rectifiers which I "assumed would be the voltage regulators"
Problem solved found a "chip" out of a trace. Now just need to figure why the ant. light glows dim all the time and goes off on transmit. VR6 was of no use so I think that pot. may be bad. Thanks for the replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated