• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

?????

Jul 20, 2005
DA HORN
I have been seeing the term "BOWL BOX" alot around here... WTF is a "BOWL BOX"???? Are they saying some builders are smoking some good stuff when they build their amps??? I know there not talking about the amps being made from a BOWL... :p

Ohhh wait i know they dont mean a amp used on ch 6 because all amps built today that I know of work on all 40 channels then some.... LOL some of them even "BLEED" all 40.. :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ROTFLMFAO that's too funny :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The sad part is that is exactly what they are talking about but you'r examples work to lol one small adjustment smokeing a bowl and making amps outa them at the same time LOL LOL LOL

Chuck

LOL seriously...Back in the day my Dad use to get calls at night ppl complaining that hes "BLEEDING" 40 channels ... LMFAO He could swing 5k easy..He use to run a pair of 8877's running into a STACKED SET OF LASERS back in the early 80's when that kind of power on the cb band was almost unheard of... Man he was so proud of his station.. heck it would be top shelf today even!!! his favorite line was... "WELL IT TAKES BLOOD TO LIVE" what a ass he was... Im suprised he never woke up in the mornings to find his coax cut into tiny peices... ofcourse the stuff he used was about as big around as a 50cent peice... Prolly would have taken a HACK SAW to cut :shock: Maybe some of you "OL TIMERS" remember "BIGFOOT" in the STAR....

back then he lived down around Huntsville... I lived with my mom in Ennis.. I think they split up because she couldnt stand radios :shock:

he had horizontal stacked m106's with custom gammas.. same as a laser 400 but without the vertical.. then on the other side of the house he had a MOORACKER 6 that he modified and took off the horizontal elements where it was just a 6 element vertical and used it for talking local.. cource local for him was several hundred miles sometimes... looked like a ant farm... the 8877 amp looked like a big window AC unit lol it was a 2 peice...Looked very simular to some of the old 'BLUEGILL" amps I think i still have pics of the station... ill see if i can find them...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.