• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

220mHz band TX/RX on the Kenwood TS-2000?

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
KB2LJJ Radio Mods Database

Some (Kenwood TS-2000) rigs came from the factory with R54 removed. I removed R52 myself. Then I did a system reset.
New sub band RX is 118 to 174 mhz and 220 to 512 mhz.

This includes the 220 mhz ham band.

I did not remove R53 to expand the TX frequency but the RX mod works fine.

Any one done this mod to their TS-2000?

Thought I would just throw this info out here . . .

Last edited:

--Unfortunately, this radio will not transmit in the 220Mhz band after that modification. I wish someone would bother to make an all-mode (modern) radio that had 220 in it, but I can dream.

--I wonder why it reads "New" sub band on that website? As stock from the factory, my TS-2000 sub band covers that range exactly with no mods...perhaps earlier versions had less coverage, I dunno.

Reactions: 1 person
--Unfortunately, this radio will not transmit in the 220Mhz band after that modification. I wish someone would bother to make an all-mode (modern) radio that had 220 in it, but I can dream.

--I wonder why it reads "New" sub band on that website? As stock from the factory, my TS-2000 sub band covers that range exactly with no mods...perhaps earlier versions had less coverage, I dunno.

how does one know which TS-2000 they have "new" "old" via the serial #?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.