• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2510 AM POWER SET UP.

Jun 22, 2008
n.w. oregon
Ok, im trying to set up my 2510 am carrier and power. radio has got the vr-103 (am power) and the vr-107 for dead key carrier. when you adjust one it affects the other and i was just wondering the proper way to adjust this. on all the 2510 type radios i got the vr-103 am power pot is almost all the way to the right and the vr-107 is almost all the way to the left. i was reading on the internet were it said to not turn the vr-103 am power up to much because of distortion and clipping and something about not much head room in the transistor strip. soo, i turned the vr-103 3/4 of the way to the right and i got the vr-107 3/4 of the way to the left. manual says radio will do 10 watts on am. the way i got it set up now it will dead key 5 watts and swing to 20 watts on the pep setting. on the average setting, it dead keys 5 watts and has a forward swing to 10 watts. anybody got any tips,tricks or words of experience on how to do this. on the hr-2600 the vr-103 is labled the (cw power)and the vr-107 is labled (am power) wtf.

Ok, im trying to set up my 2510 am carrier and power. radio has got the vr-103 (am power) and the vr-107 for dead key carrier. when you adjust one it affects the other and i was just wondering the proper way to adjust this. on all the 2510 type radios i got the vr-103 am power pot is almost all the way to the right and the vr-107 is almost all the way to the left. i was reading on the internet were it said to not turn the vr-103 am power up to much because of distortion and clipping and something about not much head room in the transistor strip. soo, i turned the vr-103 3/4 of the way to the right and i got the vr-107 3/4 of the way to the left. manual says radio will do 10 watts on am. the way i got it set up now it will dead key 5 watts and swing to 20 watts on the pep setting. on the average setting, it dead keys 5 watts and has a forward swing to 10 watts. anybody got any tips,tricks or words of experience on how to do this. on the hr-2600 the vr-103 is labled the (cw power)and the vr-107 is labled (am power) wtf.

Try and contact Mod Squad in Hawaii. He is a 2510 guru. That audio comming out of that 2510 is unique. Loud and clean with drive. His radio with stock final dead keys at 3 watts swings 20 on RMS at 14.5 volts. Peak over 50 watts bird.

Contact him here:
YouTube - modsquad326's Channel

Check out his video gates and listen to that receive on the 2510. Unreal.

thanks pump house. and thanks to the others. ive looked on the rogerbird1 site but i dont have the equipment to do work like it explains. its just a stock radio im working on to tune the power level at 20 watts pep as to run a texas star dx500v amp. the ssb power is easy,1 variable to adjust. the am however has 2 variables and one will effect the other in adjustment. just trying to determine there proper settings. both of the am variable pots will affect the am carrier and out put but one of the variable pots (vr-103) is also for the cw/fm power.

thanks pump house. and thanks to the others. ive looked on the rogerbird1 site but i dont have the equipment to do work like it explains. its just a stock radio im working on to tune the power level at 20 watts pep as to run a texas star dx500v amp. the ssb power is easy,1 variable to adjust. the am however has 2 variables and one will effect the other in adjustment. just trying to determine there proper settings. both of the am variable pots will affect the am carrier and out put but one of the variable pots (vr-103) is also for the cw/fm power.

Rogerbird is awesome. He has helped me many of times with various problems that are not documented on the net. Send him a PM, im sure he will lend a helping hand. He knows his 2510's.

Pump

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.