• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2510 mods by KC4HGH

W

WHGW

I have done most of the mods published by Stacy many years ago

and was wondering what rogers opinion of them is. The rig seems to

work very well!
posticon36.gif

15W carrier, reciever seems better, and NB works great!

</p>

I have done most of the mods published by Stacy many years ago

and was wondering what rogers opinion of them is. The rig seems to

work very well!
posticon36.gif

15W carrier, reciever seems better, and NB works great!

</p>

hi,

Not that my opinion matters much..

I have read and posted many of his mods, and been able to find places to improve on some.

When he first started publishing his mods, these radios were still very new and many people did not know their full potential, with his mods it opened the doors for many (skilled and unskilled) techs to start to investigate the wonders of this chassi. The sheer fact that even after it was many years out of production that it had a resurgence of popularity shows that it was worth playing with.

And the overseas versions seemed to just keep on going..

If they ever decided to create a 2600 Euro version, it would be the hottest thing going both domestically and abroad.

(As long as they didnt try to change its design.)

Back to MT.. his original 100W power mod was innacurate, as his retraction later stated, but it opened the door for better power mods and made a few good techs rethink it and there are many important hints in his original mod that can be applied to a combination of mods to produce what he was trying to acheive.

I refer to a few of his articles not only for mods and updates but for troubleshooting hints as well, he was typically very thorough, as well as Mr. Merrill.

I was still wet behind the ears when they were publishing their stuff, and back then was eager to try what the 'experts' were suggesting, and also looking to see if I could improve on it.

There are a few of those guys I would enjoy picking their brains for a few days to see what they could teach me.

I owe a lot to a few techs that back in the mid 70's, were not afraid to toss me a few tidbits of their knowledge and fuel my interest in radio and electronics, Some did it without even knowing that they had that kind of influence, One in particular got my older brother into Radio and I was hooked from then on, and 12 yrs later I ended up working for him at his radio shop! I knew a bit by then but learned tons more in the year I worked there. I am not sure he knows now the influence he had or even the knowledge he gave me.

[So Peter J. if you visit here, You are responsible! ... Thanks!!]

Anyway,

Like any tech, MT helped us learn and gave us valuable info.

Roger

(Rogerbird)

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rogerbird1>Rogerbird1</A> at: 11/9/04 1:15 am

hi,

Not that my opinion matters much..

I have read and posted many of his mods, and been able to find places to improve on some.

When he first started publishing his mods, these radios were still very new and many people did not know their full potential, with his mods it opened the doors for many (skilled and unskilled) techs to start to investigate the wonders of this chassi. The sheer fact that even after it was many years out of production that it had a resurgence of popularity shows that it was worth playing with.

And the overseas versions seemed to just keep on going..

If they ever decided to create a 2600 Euro version, it would be the hottest thing going both domestically and abroad.

(As long as they didnt try to change its design.)

Back to MT.. his original 100W power mod was innacurate, as his retraction later stated, but it opened the door for better power mods and made a few good techs rethink it and there are many important hints in his original mod that can be applied to a combination of mods to produce what he was trying to acheive.

I refer to a few of his articles not only for mods and updates but for troubleshooting hints as well, he was typically very thorough, as well as Mr. Merrill.

I was still wet behind the ears when they were publishing their stuff, and back then was eager to try what the 'experts' were suggesting, and also looking to see if I could improve on it.

There are a few of those guys I would enjoy picking their brains for a few days to see what they could teach me.

I owe a lot to a few techs that back in the mid 70's, were not afraid to toss me a few tidbits of their knowledge and fuel my interest in radio and electronics, Some did it without even knowing that they had that kind of influence, One in particular got my older brother into Radio and I was hooked from then on, and 12 yrs later I ended up working for him at his radio shop! I knew a bit by then but learned tons more in the year I worked there. I am not sure he knows now the influence he had or even the knowledge he gave me.

[So Peter J. if you visit here, You are responsible! ... Thanks!!]

Anyway,

Like any tech, MT helped us learn and gave us valuable info.

Roger

(Rogerbird)

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rogerbird1>Rogerbird1</A> at: 11/9/04 1:15 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.