• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2510's x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbcooper

Oct 14, 2011
Got 2 2510's both work but one is slightly off frequency wouldn't take much to line it back up don't have the time. Momma says get rid of this stuff so here it goes! Radios only! No Mics - No Power Cords - No Brackets $175.00 for both shipped to Cont US only! PayPal or Postal M.O. ! you can email treadeasy777@gmail.com:blink:

Attachments

• 2510's.jpg
    2510's.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17

I really do not want to waste my time with trying to fix this radio... when I thought it just needed a final that was no big deal... when I thought it just needed a driver, again, no big deal... but the problem is much worse... I am willing to ship them back to you BUT I need a refund

when I got the radios I had to wait for a few days to test them as my wife and I were in the hospital while our 2nd son was being born...

I got the radio and tested it, less than 2 hours later the TX just dropped out... nothing on the meter...

I replaced the final with a MRF455 (very common swap and the later models even had them from the factory...)

a few hours later the unit stopped TXing again... this time it was NOT the final but it was the driver...

the seller sent me a couple drivers and I installed them... NOTHING...

the seller also sent me $25 to cover the MRF455 I had to use to replace the final

it's like I paid $175 for a pile of parts... at this point I would like to just get a refund and just walk away from all this

now the seller is trying to say that he never there is no warranty on used electronics... basically that he is not willing to help a guy out...

if a final blown in 2 hours something is just not right... if the final gets replaced and then the driver blows then thee is really a problem

I am willing to bet that he was having issues with the final blowing, and just replaced the final before selling... why else would they be so cheap...

these radios usually go for $125 to $200 per radio... I should have known

well I guess I need to file a claim with paypal...

also I talked to 'Doc' on the phone... really nice guy, we did a few tests over the phone and the issue with the radio is interesting... but he said it should be an easy fix... IF you worked on HR series radios all the time

I just filed a claim with paypal... I am requesting the estimated cost of repairs... I hate to do that but I paid for one working radio and one that needs a minor alignment...

not a radio that eats finals for dinner and drivers for breakfast

In your first post you said one was slightly off freq. and the other one worked for a while and then stopped transmitting. How can you blame the seller for that? Sounds like you received them as described. And they are probably 30 year old rigs!

Mr_Fx talks about his "customers", so I have to assume that he has hung his shingle out as a tech. Given that, if the radio powered up, he got his money. If it died "after 2 hours", he needs to check his operating practice.

I think he got what he paid for personally, but got in over his head.

working for 2 hours is not what I would consider 'working' that is just enough time to power the unit up and test it out... it failed during that test... simple as that...

the other unit (the one that is off frequency is what I expected it to be)

and no it is NOT operating practices... all my other radios are fine... same coax, same meters, same antenna... so no...

I did not even open this radio up when it went down the tubes... I bought this radio so I would not need to open it up...

and NO I never claimed to be a tech, just a guy with a hobby... I do a little radio work on the side to offset the cost of the hobby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.