• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2517 AUDIO

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
I recently acquired a 2517 galaxy. It talks fine but sounds real "basey". I am using a D-104 mike. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. ThankS

DX2517 Audio

Mine was too basey also. If they are too basey, they get muddy sounding. I made a few changes to mine for my voice and the results were wonderful. I run external rack, Studio Mic (There are MANY to choose from), Art Pro Channel II and a Behringer Ultra-Q. I changed R262 from 10K to a 15K resistor and that cleaned it up for me. I also changed C154 to 10uF 16V Tantalum, C171 and C235 to 47uF Mylars. Your results in audio may be different.

The 2517 is the same chassis/radio as a Galaxy DX 959. Chances are that your radio sounds too bassy because the TX coils are out of alignment. Once they are peaked, it should sound outstanding with a D-104. I run a 959 and D-104 and have aligned the entire radio with xlnt reports. It makes quite a difference to have it done and do recommend having it done.

Not to be rude, but how in the heck would "tx coils" have any affect on the TX audi frequency response of the mic and / or modulator circuit?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.