• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

27.475 LSB

my research shows that 27405 to 28000 khz is allocated to military and government as well as some licensed civilian mobile stations.

airports being some users such as Dobbyns Air Reserve Base Airport operating on 27.475 mhz for PMSV, pilot to metro service.

Reactions: Rwb
my research shows that 27405 to 28000 khz is allocated to military and government as well as some licensed civilian mobile stations.

airports being some users such as Dobbyns Air Reserve Base Airport operating on 27.475 mhz for PMSV, pilot to metro service.

all air frequency's in my area are between the 205mhz band(military) and 125mhz bands(civil).
27405 is dead in my area unless someone is free bouncing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
I thought it was allocated to cuban fishing vessels, because other than spanish voices on AM and the upper sideband, and a few studio to tower links in FM, I have not once heard anything from between 12 meter ham and 10 meter ham except CB and pirate DX.
I sometimes talk to the espanol stations, they find me annoying however but some of those latinas i cant resist the QSO.
Now the stuido to transmitter links I just listen too, i think if there is a way to get a QSL card from the FCC, between 25-28mhz, those STL's would be it.

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb
Personaly I cant see them arresting all the freebanders , back in the 70,s & 80,s maybe ? For starters I think they would try to clean-up the ham bands first , after listening to them as a swl most of my life & the recent changes made in the last few years to obtain a ham lic; it is a mess to say the least ! Also were would they house all the f.b,s ? Also cost etc; ? It would be interesting to put a face to the voice you,ve heard all these years ? I wonder if they would allow us radio privileges , would they start the round-up internationaly in USA or Canada ? Up here in the cold country skip has bin strong for months almost to strong to allow us to talk local by times . But at times you can still have a good qso on low power & learn about other parts of the world .To me what the hobbys all about ," ENJOY LIFE" & dont worry what the others are doing wrong !! later Bob "lucky 13.

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.