• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

29 NW LTD Classic - Red light but no output or meter movement on TX

JDE

Feb 9, 2022
Got this radio in the other day. Looks like it was used in a dusty environment, perhaps a lot of gravel road driving. It did rx and tx, but dimmer knob was pretty bad. Ran CRC QD Cleaner in all the pots and switches, everything worked great, even the meter and nightwatch illumination.

I cleaned up a few ugly solder joints on the foil side, then removed the meter hold-down plates to move the meter back / replace bulb with LED / reinstalled meter. Everything still works, but now on TX I only get the red TX light but nothing on meter and nothing on the Bird 43. I checked and re-checked the area around the meter to make sure I didn't knock anything loose, checked the 3-4 solder joints I fixed to make sure they were good and no shorts, nothing is overheating or smoking, etc. Can't figure out what happened.

Based on those symptoms, where should I start looking? Still new to this and learning the ropes. Can get pictures of component and foil sides later today if needed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated