• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950 dx "3" issue

JCH

Jun 13, 2011
LA
Guys,

Recently some of the buttons on my 2950 have stopped working and/or working intermittenly.

The down arrow, scan and dim buttons ont he bottom row don't work at all. The Shift and man buttons work intermittenly. The up arrow, nb/anl, swr and r beep work fine. Also, when pushing the man/shf buttons the nb/anl will turn on/off.

Anyone have similar issues or know of a fix. Other than listed above no issues with the radio tx/rx.

thanks alot for any help.

bought mine brand new... and as you, I have the exact same issues. I have to push really had repetitive up and down, then eventually it gets to the point where it starts working........ Same thing happens when you leave it alone again though after some time

I haven't had time to look at mine again but if you find a fix in the meantime please post it up. I'll do the same when time permits.

thank you,

Guys,

Recently some of the buttons on my 2950 have stopped working and/or working intermittenly.

The down arrow, scan and dim buttons ont he bottom row don't work at all. The Shift and man buttons work intermittenly. The up arrow, nb/anl, swr and r beep work fine. Also, when pushing the man/shf buttons the nb/anl will turn on/off.

Anyone have similar issues or know of a fix. Other than listed above no issues with the radio tx/rx.

thanks alot for any help.

was it used as a mobile or base ?

This is where you start running into a Catch 22 situation. First the buttons start acting up and you have to press harder to get them to work. After a while they start to fail again and you eventually get to the point where they no longer work. The end result is broken solder joints on the PC board from pressing the buttons too hard. Usually the best fix is to reflow the solder on the switch pins and spray a tiny bit (a drop or two) of switch and contact cleaner afterwards.

Same problem on new 2970-n2

I had this problem on a new radio out of the box that was working when sent out from Bells cb, they sent me a replacement radio, great service.

I think the cold weather caused the issue with mine since it hasn't done it since its warmed up outside. Good deal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.