• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950 roger beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Anyone know how to change the tone of the roger beep?
I found how to change the length, and volume of it.
So far no one knows how to change the tone.
Thx

Anyone know how to change the tone of the roger beep?
I found how to change the length, and volume of it.
So far no one knows how to change the tone.
Thx

Found in .30 seconds with Google:

To make the Roger Beep louder on the RCI-2950/70, change R-179 from 1.5 Meg to a smaller value. The lower the value of this resistor, the louder it will be---up to a limit though. Making it less than 100K usually will make the beep tone very unstable and/or shut it down completely.

The duration (length) of the beep is controlled by the value of C-146. It usually comes with a 2.2uF capacitor. Increasing the value of the capacitence will lengthen the time of the beep. Decreasing the value will shorten the "beep" time.

2950 roger beep mod

Reactions: 1 person
His question was about the tone - or pitch of the beep.

Since there is little info on this, I would send an email to 'The Radio Shop Supply' in Ramona CA. Or call them during business hours @ (760) 440-0125. Ask for 'Chip'; he may have your answer. 'The Radio Shop Supply' is the RCI/Ranger authorized repair shop on the West Coast - BTW . . .

I think all roger beeps should be lowered to the point ya can't hear them....now that would be a tone I like. I use headphones at times....volume up and pow! Comes the roger beep! Makes ya a little jumpy! I actually ask a guy to turn his off a week or so ago. ;)
My radio has one!...I accidentally turned it on a few days ago....called cq several times and no answer? Noticed it on....turned it off.....waited a minute to so so my voice would not give me away....called cq and was in a qso in seconds. i must not be the only one that does not like them? :oops:
When they first came out back in the 70's they were cool but it didn't last long....now the are mostly a noise toy, same as an echo....and the beepers that play a song. :bdh:

What cracks me up is how some old dudes I know use echo and beeps. There's a few local dudes in their late 60's and a couple in their 70's that consistently use that shit.

Most of the old goats don't have any teeth and when they use echo and reverb it just makes them sound like they got a turd in their mouth.

I always tell them that they sound like shit. Pisses them off each time, but I feel it's my duty to keep reminding them.

Thx Robb,Im just trying to learn things about radios, how to do simple things or just a what if/could it be, kinda thing. Thx for the info.

Not sure why everyone else bothers to post anything, when they`re not contributuing any USEFUL info to the question.
THERE SHOULD BE AN (OPINION SECTION) ON THE FORUM TO SWAP OPINIONS, SO PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEARN, DONT HAVE TO SIFT THRU THEIR CRAP!

purpose

the beep serves a purpose i had a qso with a guy in papau new guinea about a month ago very weak signal we both put out beeps on i couldnt tell when he quit transmitting because the signal was shifting it helped alot.

the beep serves a purpose i had a qso with a guy in papau new guinea about a month ago very weak signal we both put out beeps on i couldnt tell when he quit transmitting because the signal was shifting it helped alot.

In 39 years I've had thousands upon thousands of QSO's. Many of them were exciting weak signal contacts with major language barriers. At the end of my transmissions, I just say: 'Over'. Sometimes, I might be so bold as to repeat 'over' a couple times in a row.

Never needed no beep to make any contact in my life.

well it worked great for me that day never needed again tho that was one time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.