• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950DX or S-9

Y

yogibear39

Help me pick a new radio. Which radio would be the best choice 2950DX or magnum S-9?

</p>

Depends on what you want to do with your radio?

SSB 2950DX is going to win hands down and on recieve. Loudness and power output most likely the S9 will win.

</p>

Try Bob's CB and Wireless, Rolling Radios, 1 Stop Electronics, CB City, DTB Radio, Fire Communications, or 1 Stop CB Shop. Bob F. from Bob's CB helped in the development of this radio. I am talking about the Magnum S-9.

IMHO - the 2950DX is the better radio for it's seemingly infinite ability to hit every freq possible. It can go on the zeros and anywhere in between. The other radio is more limited.

I believe Justin is correct on this one. For a pure radio the RCI 2950dx or the President Lincoln are better radios receive and transmit. The Magnum, Galaxys, and Connex radios have more toys, are less stable on SSB and their receivers are a bit noisy. Same with the Northpoints.

Ive never own a S9 . I have own a Delta and the RX sucked . I do have a 2950DX and its a good all a round radio. Kicks butt on SSB and AM with good RX.

Just my .02 but my S-9 has a great reciever in it.MUCH, MUCH better than my old Delta and Mag 257. It ranks right up there with my Alinco DX-70.....No kidding. I wouldnt hesitate buying another S-9 over the 2950

First DX contact I made with my S-9 was in a town of 150,000 population, with kind of noisy air waves, I called to the man(Australia 004) and he answered me back my numbers. This radio is loud, clear and crisp if you know how to work the adjustments. The "Top Gun" usually will sound like its distorted within 2 or 3 miles to some others say it sounds better, so you will get a mixed opinion. It its the funnest communication product I've ever owned for $370 (w/channel expand mod, 6 digit freqency lock) Today I had a driver say can't you turn that radio down? I replied"colorado wasn't complaining last night"! I'm on west oregon side. So I switched to astatic 636 and left the setting where they were, HeHe! Stock mic pics up cab noise. Have a S-9 day, you'll love it PS: Driver was appreciative with the mic change ;) :bounce

2950 is a proven radio . S-9 is new and pretty /over the last year or so ,have heard of lots of problems with those radios along with the 257s and Deltas .....I personally don't think I would own a Magnum radio ,IM just not impressed ,but then again,IM not impressed with any of the high dollar Galaxy's either ,I know for a fact that they to have problems (usually figures with an on board amp set up) way to much money for those to begin with and I use amplifiers anyway. The 2950s/Lincolns/2510s .....done right ,I would have to say you can pretty much get the best of both worlds ,if regular cb is your thing / they do a great conversion over ......and then again .whom am I really kidding here ? I like true old time cb radios /not 10 meter converts......not that there aren't any good ones ........because there is. (-: RCI 2950 DX ALL THE WAY !!!! if I had to. (Still think there better SSB radios)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.