• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2950DX or S-9

2950DX

unit725 said:
Old Pirate.........I've had 15 Lincolns and never kept one of them. Always went back to the 2950DX
Unit725, Yes I would have to admit that Ranger 2950DX is one of the best export radio's and the tune up by Rolling Radio's certainly makes it perform. I certainly have no intention of selling mine. The biggest asset of 2950DX is that they are so frequency stable, hot or cold doesnt seem to matter as checked on my kenwood the frequency is always right on the button. Not like a certain popular breed of cb radio I had a few years ago which would drift off by as much as 300hz.
Old Pirate

the galaxys have oscilator problems 88,99 horrible on sideband and dont be fooled by the old well get a Mirage 88,99 there better and dont have the sideband problem ITS BS Ive had them all and they all warbled bad maybe not right off the bat but it will in a short time happen to them. I even contacted a tech at Galaxy DX and they admitted there was sideband problems because of the oscilators I kept the reply from the tech its on my other puter. In my opinion the best Galaxys were the GalaxyII and the Galaxy Pluto and go figure there both no longer in production. I personally love and run the 2950 style radios I have good luck with them even as mobiles. I also own a RCI 2990 that I will send to Justin looks beatiful but someonde had there fingers in it and stole lights and finals And I also have a Galaxy 2527 and that is an awsome radio no problemos with it . If set up properly and left alone no fingers in it or stupid mods noise toys ETC. you will be very happy wiith the RCI 2950 they have been around for many years so the guys that say there junk I gotta ask why have they been around that long and what did they do to there poor radios. I understand with any electronis things happen but there still in production so its gotta tell ya something. Go with the RCI 2950 just my opinion from my experiences. Good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.