• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970N2 Fan Behavior

buickid

304 'round the minigrass
Nov 22, 2012
Kona, Hawaii
Hey there WWDX. I have a 2970N2 that I got from the family of a friend who went SK several years ago. Its been sitting in storage for a bit, so I figure I would check it out on the bench before I put it back into service. Everything looks good, except the fan's behavior is a bit puzzling. When I first turn on the radio, the fan is off. After keying up and warming it up a little, the fan turns on when I unkey. If it was a long/high power TX, the fan runs at high speed, then slows down as the temp goes down. If I key again, the fan stops during the TX, then starts again when I unkey. Seems a little odd, that it wouldn't cool while you're actively generating heat. Now the troubling part. I turn the radio off, the fan runs for a bit, which is understandable. But, the fan will never completely stop. Even after 30 minutes in an air conditioned room, the fan still runs at low speed. In the shack, this isn't a problem, but I could see this putting a strain on the battery in the mobile. Is this normal behavior, or is there something amiss here?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated