• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970N2 Strange Problem

My 2970n2 came in Friday. I haven't even hooked it up yet but plan on hooking it up on the base tonight before if goes in mobile this coming week. I'll check my knob tonight and let you know if it's sloppy or not.

The frequency selector on both of the radios that I bought have a "loose" feeling to them. I've used them, but mostly rely on the 'shift' and ''up-down" selectors.

Hey duster, finally got around to hooking up my n2. Seems to be doing fine. Didn't get to talk ssb, only am but I got all good reports and seemed to function properly. Going in the mobile this weekend hopefully.

The knob was always nice and tight with very discernable clicks. This one has 1/8# slop and is extremely easy to turn. You can barely feel the clicking.
I don't know if the new ones are this way or not. Can anyone with the green on black display comment on the channel knob?

I just got a 2970dx in this week, the Knob is the same as what your saying above - very easy to rotate.

DTB Radio. Standard tune. I requested nothing other than factory specs.

He said he saw nothing wrong on the scope. When I throw a DK, my shack goes nuts. My LDG auto tuner cycles, TV goes haywire and my stereo bleeds. Nothing else in the shack causes problems. It peaks when you adjust power up and down within 20-30 watts it really goes nuts and squeals.

I took it out of the box, sat it on the desk, crimped some ring terminals on, flipped the power supply on and keyed it up and immediately noticed the RF issues.

Told me to contact Ranger.

:banghead:

Last edited:
Passing the buck to Ranger.

I don't have a problem with sending it to Ranger. Sounds like it needs a deep analysis anyways.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?